Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Are you an energetic, dedicated, and reliable team player looking for more out of your career? If so, join the BJs Team as a Warehouse Selector in our Perishable Distribution center!
As a Selector, you will properly, efficiently and accurately pick product to neatly and accurately build pallets. Our perishable distribution centers are temp-controlled, ranging anywhere from 30 degrees in the cooler to -20 degrees in the freezer. Selectors will typically lift between 50-100lbs of product and operate powered equipment such as forklifts, reach trucks, etc.
Apply today to learn more about the position, productivity pay, company overview, and collaborative team culture!
Safely, accurately and efficiently select product to fulfill customer orders.
- Regular and consistent attendance
- Train and mentor other team members
- Properly, efficiently and accurately select damage-free product to neatly and accurately build pallets with appropriate product according to customer specifications with labels facing out, arrows facing up
- Verify product against pick tickets and case label and turn in complete, legible, accurate paperwork
- Maintain required productivity level at 100% standard.
- Maintain accuracy levels at 99.9%.
- Check condition of pallets and exchange where necessary
- Promptly report damage and all inventory discrepancies to supervisor
- Maintain cleanliness and repair of dock, and facility areas
- Ensure pallets are wrapped and stacked for safe transport to storage
- Safely operate appropriate Material Handling Equipment after training
- Maintain all food safety, housekeeping and other applicable standards
- Other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED.
- College coursework, continuing technical education or comparable business experience preferred Warehouse experience preferred
- Experience operating Material Handling Equipment preferred
- Ability to remain calm and focused while prioritizing requests from multiple sources
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Able to read, write, speak and understand English
- Ability to read and understand label data
- Ability to do basic math to ensure proper height and counts and verify pallet ID numbers
- Ability to read small print on packaging and paperwork, with or without corrective lenses
- Ability to take directions using the headset selection system (such a VoCollect)
- Ability to accommodate flexible schedules to meet the needs of the customer to include nights, weekends and holidays
Environmental Job Conditions:
- Independently lift up to 50 lbs frequently and 100 lbs occasionally
- Able to sit, stand, walk bend, squat on a frequent to continual basis in a refrigerated warehouse environment
- Able to grasp, reach, push or pull (such as boxes of product, or a hand truck) on a frequent basis
- Able to step up onto and down from equipment as required by task (such as forklift, reach truck, etc.)
- Ability to reach above shoulder level frequently
- Ability to build pallets up to 6 feet tall with case weights up to 60 pounds
- Endurance for continuous, fast paced work
- Able to adjust to fluctuating temperatures and withstand freezing temperatures as low as -20 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to work in a noisy warehouse environment
- Able to wear and communicate through headsets for long periods of time as required by location Able to work while wearing appropriate PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the job (such as steel-toed protective footwear, harness, safety glasses, hard hat, gloves, insulated clothing, etc)
- Ability to handle and physically be near products which may contain food allergens (such as fish, shellfish, peanuts, etc.)
- Ability to utilize good hand-eye coordination and depth perception to operate forklift, reach truck, and HiLo safely and accurately
- Ability to work at elevated heights while wearing PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for the job (such as fall protection harnesses)
- Ability to utilize equipment for the job safely and accurately after training (such as computer, handheld tracker, copiers, scanners, printers, radio headsets, forklift, reach truck, etc.)