GXO Logistics Supply Chain Inc.
Are you currently working in a transport environment and looking for a new challenge? Are you looking for the next step in your career? Here at GXO we are looking for a Transport Supervisor to join our team in Goole, on a full-time, permanent basis.
You will work Monday to Friday, 09:00 - 18:00, and will have the responsibility of running the day-to-day transport operation with a focus on the Continuous Improvement.
Pay, benefits and more:
We're looking to offer a salary of up to £30,000 per annum. In addition, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), as well as the option to buy additional days. You'll have access to a variety of high street discounts, as well as a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension, and many other perks.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Day-to-day, you will deal with all driver-related issues ensuring that all transport legislation is always adhered to
- Hold responsibility for compliance with Company and Statutory requirements regarding Operator Licence, H&S, service quality, drivers' hours, and tacho regulations, inclusive of the working time directive
- Brief and debrief of drivers, including reporting and investigating accidents and incidents
- Be responsible for transport department resource, induction, assessment, and training, including agency staff
What you need to succeed at GXO:
- Excellent transport knowledge including route planning, knowledge of driver hour rules and vehicle/transport legislation
- Experience of working in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent people management, coaching and influencing skills
- Holder of a CPC would be preferable
"We engineer faster, smarter, leaner supply chains."