Strive are a UK wide Supply Chain & Logistics management recruiter. Please visit strive . co . uk for additional roles across engineering, production, warehouse & transport operations.
Transport Opps Manager - Washington
£40k + Excellent Bens see below
Our client is a medium sized 3PL with operations across the North. They provide a rage of transport services to retail clients, shipping products to stores on a daily multi-drop basis. They now need a commercially focused Manager with a CPC who will take on the O License to take charge of the operation.
Reports to: National Operations Manager
Directly responsible for: Office Staff, a few Warehouse Staff, overall supervision of Drivers, Depot Health & Safety compliance. c40 in total.
- Full compliance with Operators Licence requirements e.g. tachograph regulations, vehicle maintenance, defect reporting system, driver licence checks etc to ensure Company compliance
- Effectively organise and manage a team of supervisors, drivers and vehicles
- Manage staffing levels effectively including the recruitment of drivers and warehouse staff
- Overall supervision of these staff including organising staff daily workload along with any disciplinary action in accordance with company procedures.
- Ensure effective handover of information between shifts/depots
- Be first point of contact for any problems that might arise developing customer relationships both internally and externally, dealing with queries and complaints in a professional manner whilst ensuring operational efficiencies
- Possess knowledge and understanding of budgets and financial controls, legislation and relevant fleet controls along with the authorisation and issuing of order number system for maintenance/repairs
- Provide statistics and reports as required
- Understand, implement, and maintain Health and Safety procedures with a full knowledge of transport operations and vehicles
- Ensure all depot disciplines are adhered to including daily housekeeping checks and monitoring and maintenance of fuel levels/vehicle MPG s.
- Investigating and interviewing post incident and/or accident reports
- Route planning to ensure maximum efficiency, utilisation and profitability of resource
- Maintain holiday and attendance roster keeping overtime and/or agency to a minimum.
- To undertake appropriate training and personal development activities across the Company as required
Previous experience working within a Transport Management role
Strong and effective team management skills
PC literate with strong knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Excel and Outlook.
Expert Communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity - we look forward to your application.