BP Pulse has established itself as the market leader in electric vehicle charging, providing solutions for EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the road. On our mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, our charging points have been used over 30 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving. We work with the world's leading vehicle manufacturers to support their customers, as well as some of the UK's biggest fleets, leasing companies and local authorities. We are the UK's only fully integrated, end-to-end manufacturer and operator of charging infrastructure, and our nationwide Polar network of public charge points is recognised for its quality and reliability. Following the acquisition by BP in 2018, the company is growing rapidly and has moved to a brand new, purpose-built head office and production facility in Milton Keynes to support this growth and allow it to capitalise on a booming electric vehicle market.
This is an opportunity to join a business with an envious and unrivalled position in a fast-growing market and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it.
You will manage the transactional finance functions of bp pulse UK, ensuring that proper business and group processes and financial controls are adhered to.To assist the Group Financial Controller and peers with the smooth running of the finance function.
You will report to the Financial Controller and have 3 direct reports.
This is a hybrid (3 days in the office) working role, you will divide your time between home and our Milton Keynes office.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Manage and control the Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Banking functions for bp pulse UK.
- Working with a team of three direct reports maintain smooth running of all of the cash inflows and outflows of the business
- Continuously improve on processes already in place or look to implement solutions providing a better fit for bp pulse
- Working closely with the Senior Management Accountant and Group Financial Controller to assist in necessary reporting tasks
- Have an understanding of business control processes and undertake regular reviews to ensure they are being adhered to.
- Assist the Group FC in ensuring that adequate controls exist to meet external statutory and internal group requirements whilst still remaining workable at a practical level.
- Ensure that the team are able to fulfil group reporting requirements around AP, AR and Cash.
- Work with the Senior Management Accountant to prepare all required information to meet statutory reporting and audit requirements
- Assist Senior Management Accountant in the preparation of VAT returns
- Prepare and submit other returns as required (CIS, Intrastat, ONS)
- Assist with other matters as required to support the Group Financial Controller & Finance Team
- Any relevant qualifications will be taken into account but are not essential. Experience and knowledge is essential.
The ideal candidate will have
- Experience of running a small transactional team
- Experience of accounts payable, receivable and banking functions
- A self-starter with the confidence to solve business challenges