As an expert functional tester / test manager, you will be part of the transversal test team. This team is responsible for the testing.
In practice you will be assigned to a sub-team of functional testers who manage and coordinate multiple testing activities for the department.
This specific role requires a sound insight in IT/OT systems, including embedded systems, which is essential to guarantee the most appropriate test approach and to discuss with suppliers regarding technical issues.
It requires proven experience of at least 2 years in similar domains and multi-project coordination.
- Define the test strategies.
- Coordinate test activities (functional and non-functional).
- User Acceptance Testing: able to effectively communicate to business people and explaining complex and difficult defects, IT problems, concepts, functioning of systems to them.
- As a link between business and developers, be able to explain to developers what business wants, how this is correctly reflected in the system/application/etc. and why and how certain defects should be fixed.
- Report on Test Progress & Results.
- Master Degree or equivalent by experience
- ISTQB Test Manager
- Technical background.
- A broad and in-depth insight in IT/OT systems.
- Embedded systems.
- Linux (knowledge on Linux Command line Interface and commands and able to use them).
- Python programming language (able to read the code, understand it and debug it and even able to perform small changes).
- Web service testing + automation (able to use tools to test web services (like SoapUI) and create automated tests within the tool).
- Performance testing (general knowledge, able to identify possible bottlenecks within the system's architecture, create a performance test plan based on this and the performance requirements).
- SQL (able to use SQL queries to retrieve, update or insert data in DBs).
Architecture (general knowledge, able to understand how different components interact with each other and through which interfaces).
- Programming (at least be able to effectively communicate with developers on programming topics, be able to read and understand code).
- Able to work with TestLink, Jira, BugZilla
- French, Dutch, English (both verbally as in writing) in each language
- Able to take initiative, and a can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication and social skills and a team player attitude.
- Able to explain complex and difficult concepts to other people (regardless of their maturity, role, etc.).
- Critical: does not take oral or written info for granted.