This Technical Author position is responsible for the development and production of automotive owner information related materials for various publication types and deliveries. These aspects include researching OEM design and release documents, product development documents, plant installation drawings, parts detail drawings, technical service bulletins, CAD/CATIA data, and hands-on procedures utilizing prototype vehicles to develop efficient, concise, and technically accurate owner information for our OEM clients.
Development may be in multiple formats (including web based, mobile, & vehicle head unit) and may involve interface with multiple clients both internal and external. Regardless of deliverable or style, this position must ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks which maintain compliance to both corporate and customer standards.
This position is eligible for a hybrid work schedule upon completion of training.
- Meeting client and company Quality Standards.
- Accurately develop applicable content using client supplied information.
- Overall Client Satisfaction
- On-time delivery
- Effective use of production time and personal resources.
- Knowledge of client business.
- Personal / Employee Development
- Successful Teamwork
- Overall positive attitude, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience working collaboratively with client teams in fast paced environment.
- Document open issues and follow through on resolution and inclusion.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and thorough approach to follow-through on all tasks.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize tasks to ensure efficiencies.
- Ability to multitask and interface with many personalities.
- Enthusiastic and well organized.
- Capable of adhering to schedules and raising issues as necessary.
- Envision, Plan and Manage time/workload to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Ability to engender trust.
- Manage team resources to ensure successful delivery of projects.
- Ability to work with domestic and international business cultures.
- Develop and maintain various specification tables.
- Develop and maintain cautions and warnings
- Create illustration go-by's.
- Follow-up on all customer feedback.
- Ensure all customer revisions/modifications are incorporated.
- Associates degree or equivalent professional experience in technical writing/content development preferred.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Experienced in development of owner information for the automotive industry.
- Proven history of working collaboratively with client service teams in fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Demonstrable ability to dialog freely with internal teams about projects to ensure solutions are well-planned.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat and Photoshop or other similar software.
- Solid understanding of authoring tools (XML/SGML), Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. DITA knowledge and InDesign a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move into, out of and around automobiles in a garage environment.
- Less than 20% domestic and international travel may be required.
Tweddle Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation to apply for employment, please contact the location HR at (586) 783-6120 or svalentine@.