About The RoleTeaching AssistantLocation:
: £14,639 per annum. 34 hours per week.Working with children who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health difficulties and/or Autism, you will guide pupils during structured and non-structured lessons and assist each pupil to achieve their full potential. You will provide education and organisational support to teachers as well.As a Teaching Assistant you will work according to the values and beliefs of the school, including policies on equality of opportunity and the involvement of people who use services.A day in the life of a Teaching Assistant with Priority Childcare Involves:
To be a successful Teaching Assistant with Priority Childcare, you'll need:
- Offering teaching opportunities, which give concrete learning experiences.
- Maintaining effective partnerships with parent/carers to promote pupils' learning and to provide information to stakeholders about targets, achievements, and progress.
- Helping to produce quality displays around the school and ensure that they are updated regularly.
- Assisting pupils upon arrival, lunch/break times and upon departure.
- Helping teachers prepare the learning environment and maintain it to a good standard. This may include developing interactive displays that celebrate the pupils' achievements and clearing up afterwards, particularly in practical subjects such as art and cooking.
- Passing on information about pupils' achievements and any other issues to their teacher and ensure important information is captured and shared with the residential team.
- Supporting pupils in activities based on and off the school site.
- Guiding pupils in carrying out the work set by the teacher (this may be as the person in charge of a small group with no teacher present);
- Assisting with therapy programmes as set out by a qualified therapist.
In return for your Skills and Expertise, you'll receive:
- Qualification in English & Maths.
- ICT literate.
- Experience of working with children and young people in a learning setting.
- Ability to relate well to pupils and build positive and respectful relationships that are on a professional level.
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Must be able to show initiative.
- Must be resilient when working in a challenging environment.
- Must be sensible and have good common sense.
About Priority Childcare:
- An annual salary of £14,639 based on 34 hours per week Term time working. (FTE £19,116 pro rata based on 37.5 hours per week).
- Paid comprehensive induction programme, free uniform, DBS and Education Wales registration.
- 39 weeks Term time working.
- Access to our Salary Financing Service
- Company pension scheme.
- Career progression opportunities.
- Eligibility for a "Blue Light Card" for additional discounts.
Priority Childcare provide specialist schools, community homes, and community-based work-skills services.We make it an absolute priority that each person who walks through our doors feels welcome, cared for, safe and happy, and we believe that everyone has as much a right to a socially valued life and the status and respect that it brings, as anyone else.All applicants will be subject to a Safer Recruitment process and all appointments are subject to receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check, references and any other suitability checks deemed essential for this role.Please click 'Apply' and submit your CV today!