The Store Manager position assists the General Manager (GM) with the daily operations of the store and carries store keys to perform opening and closing responsibilities.
- Partners with the GM to ensure the overall financial results of the store, to include meeting/exceeding sales and profit goals.
- Holds responsibility for all monthly and quarterly store reporting and has direct access to store-level financial and personnel budgets and reports.
- Partners with the GM with adherence to all HR policies and procedures, including accurate timecards for all store personnel and the timely administration of all levels of Progressive Discipline.
- Participates in the interviewing and onboarding of new hires, including the completion of the I-9 Form and verification.
- Participates in managing the overall store operations according to Shoe Carnival merchandising, operational, and visual standards.
- Demonstrates Total Customer Service Standards and resolves customer issues and complaints timely and professionally.
- Trains and develops associates for growth in a manner that increases sales, ensures customer satisfaction, and maintains training compliance.
- Identifies any safety concerns and follows Loss Prevention guidelines to deter theft.
- Ensures compliance of all cash handling procedures, performs safe and till counts, and reconciles cash settlements.
- Partners with the GM in project decisions and delegation of daily tasks by ensuring associate productivity, coordinating schedules, and providing conflict resolution.
- Empowered to delegate and assign necessary tasks to Associates and Assistant Store Managers (ASM) as needed.
- Bachelor's degree and/or 2+ years of supervisory experience required.
- Successful completion of Key Carrier Certification exam within 60 days of hire or prior to promotion required.
- Successful completion of General Manager Certification exam within 18 months of hire/promotion required.
- Excellent verbal communication and active listening skills.
- Strong leadership and time management skills.
- Self-starter and ability to motivate, coach, and use judgement in executing tasks and maximizing use of time and talents of associates.
- Excellent sales and customer service skills.
- Ability to execute the concept by understanding and applying report information.
- Ability to train and mentor associates to ensure company standards and processes are met.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and convey a positive professional image.
- Ability to work flexible schedules including nights, weekends, and holidays.
The Shoe Carnival, Inc. Total Rewards program offers eligible associates highly competitive benefits, including the following:
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off (Vacation & Sick Time)
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, Disability, and Voluntary Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee & Family Discounts
- Relocation Opportunities