There's the typical job. Then there's a career at Apple. Where well challenge you to defy routine. To explore the far reaches of the possible. To travel unchartered paths. And to be a part of something far bigger than yourself. Because around here, changing the world just comes with the job description. As the QA Manager, you will be building and managing a team of QA Testers who work as integrated members of a cross-functional software team. You will lead them in the design and execution of QA strategies and methods to deliver creative experiential software products that surprise and delight our customers. You should possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, patience, and a real passion for testing and quality. We are seeking a QA Manager with a strong foundation in software engineering QA methodologies and proven experience leading teams to deliver successful creative interactive entertainment software experiences.
- Expertise: Proven capabilities in leading interactive software product testing teams, ideally for experiential products that integrate software and hardware.
- Customer-Focused: Passionate about the customer experience and delivering experiential products that inspire, surprise, and delight.
- Team Player: Excellent cross-functional communication and influencing skills.
- Team Builder: Proven track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best quality-minded individuals.
- Priority Driven: Comfortable working in a continually changing and dynamic environment and driving top issues to resolution.
- Technically Agile: Proven ability to drive QA success via integrated cross-functional teams involving deep collaboration with engineering and design.
In the QA Manager role, you will: Build, establish, and manage the QA team/discipline for the business. Ensure the product achieves or exceeds the envisioned customer experience. Develop quality strategies for products and oversee the development and execution of software test plans and analysis of test results. Execute the activities of the software quality assurance function for maximum date and quality predictability, with effective risk awareness and management. Work closely with other functional disciplines, especially engineering and design.
Education & Experience
BS/MS, Computer Science/Engineering or relevant industry experience
Pay & Benefits
At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $153,500 and $231,000, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.