Brinks Home Security is a proven leader in the smart home technology, residential, and commercial security industries, providing cutting-edge products and alarm monitoring services to more than one million customers throughout North America.
We are currently seeking a motivated and dynamic Alarm Service Technician in Milwuakee, WI- Offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus!
Join our team of trusted security advisors and providers and help us create more secure smart home and commercial customers
What you'll do:
Performs service, installation, and/or inspection of systems, working independently and with team members. Seeks and accepts guidance from senior personnel, while also providing guidance and support to those less senior. Assists the ISM as necessary.
- Perform installation and service of low voltage systems in accordance with Brinks Home minimum installation standards, the National Electric Code, manufacturer's instructions, and Brinks Home Safety Policy
- Facilitate the service of complex systems through effective communication, leadership, and organization
- Service and repair complex systems
- Provide training and support to other technicians
- Responsible for customer on-boarding
- Operate job related mechanical equipment (bucket truck, scissor lift, trencher, etc.
- Communicate work in progress according to currently accepted procedure
- Understand and complete all UL, FM, and Mercantile paperwork, as required
- Participate in after hours on-call rotation
- Enforce job site quality control
- Adhere to and maintain a working knowledge of all relevant company policies, manuals, and procedures
- Other tasks as assigned by direct supervisor or Senior Leadership
What you bring to the table:
- Must possess a willingness to learn in an ever-changing industry.
- Must possess advanced knowledge of low voltage electronic systems.
- Must have the ability to work in a high stress environment.
- Must have advanced knowledge of Access, Fire, Intrusion, and VST.
- Must possess advanced knowledge and understanding of IT and network infrastructure.
- Must have knowledge and experience with hand tools and various power tools.
- Must possess basic computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must have an understanding of drawings, blueprints, plans, and job specifications
- Must be able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization, as well as customers.
- Must be able to work independently, with little or no supervision while still providing a team-oriented attitude.
- Must maintain proper dress code and appearance.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must pass an extensive background check and drug screening process.
- Must be able to obtain NICET I Certification.
- Must be able to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines.
What we offer:
Medical, Dental, 401K+ Match, Voluntary Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Short- and Long-term disability, Maternity and Paternity Leave, and Employee Referral Program.
What we stand for:
- Service Through Purpose
- Security In Every Detail
- Always Available
- Relentless Standard of Care
- Collective Success
For more information about our core values and beliefs, visit .
Brinks Home provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Brinks Home complies with all applicable local, state, and federal guidance on COVID-19.