Service Manager Supported Living - Charity with reputation for delivering Outstanding Services
We re looking for a Service Manager to join a fantastic charitable organisation that supports people with learning disabilities to live independently. This role is the perfect opportunity for an experienced Team Leader or Deputy Manager looking to progress into a Service Manager role, or if you re an experienced Service Manager there are plenty of opportunities for you to develop the service further and be part of a successful team. As a Service Manager, you ll be responsible for overseeing the day to day running of 2 small, supported living services, leading and motivating the team of support staff to deliver the highest quality support possible.
On offer is an attractive salary of £30,000 - £31000, 25 days annual leave, flexibility, good progression opportunities and the chance to be part of a charitable organisation that is committed to improving the lives of adults with learning disabilities.
The Service Manager Role
Your key responsibility is the day-to-day organisation of the services and staff, ensuring that the people you support have access to community facilities and can take part in activities outside their home. You ll ensure that people are able to maintain their existing skills and develop new ones that will support their independence.
- You ll ensure that service users are supported in a clear, planned structured and effective way and that review systems are in place.
- You ll provide clear leadership and management to the support staff, recognising people's strengths and identifying and meeting training needs.
- Supervise and appraise staff, set performance targets and monitor performance in the provision of person centred, efficiently managed services
- You ll take part in the recruitment process for your services
- Work with Services users and other stakeholders to build effective outcome-based support plans that promote the choice , rights, control and independence of the person.
- Carry out quality audits within the service
- This post is Monday - Friday office hours, 37 per week, with some flexibility, and you ll need to be able to take part in the on-call rota, usually one week in every 8.
The Successful Candidate
- We re looking for somebody who's passionate about working with individuals with learning disabilities, helping them to set and achieve outcomes that will make a difference to their lives.
- You ll have leadership experience too within social care, ideally within Supported Living or residential care. You may be working as a Service Manager or Care Manager already, but we re also happy to consider people that are working at Team Leader level, looking for an organisation that will give them the opportunity to step up.
- Ideally, you ll be qualified to NVQ4 / QCF 5 or working towards already, but we would consider level 3 if you are willing to undertake the management qualification.
- You ll need to be able to commute to the office in Deptford, and to your services regularly (Lewisham or Bromley)
Interested? To be considered for the Service Manager role, please click apply to submit your CV to Laura at Thendon Resourcing. We'll be in touch within 1-2 business days. For more information please feel free to call.