Looking for a new and exciting opportunity to change the future of Diabetes? Join Medtronic Diabetes on a team that works at the intersection of Business and Technology to define digital products and capabilities, enabling technologies, and data solutions.
Careers that Change Lives
At Medtronic Diabetes, we are looking for a passionate, high-energy, strategic-minded digital product management individual who will accelerate the digital product and capabilities roadmap in support of the Global Diabetes operating unit strategy. In this role you will collaborate with Regional, Commercial, Customer Experience and Support, Downstream, R&D, Regulatory, Clinical, and other functional areas, to understand and define customer VOC, product and/or capability requirements, product specifications, planning and program managing the development.
Location: The Diabetes main office is in Northridge, CA but this role can be based in Atlanta, GA, or San Antonio, TX.
This position will be a hybrid role based in one of the locations listed with at least 3 days onsite.
Our mission drives the need to be a highly skilled, flexible, extremely efficient, versatile, and agile in software product development for the benefit of our patients with Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes in need of intensive insulin therapy.
Diabetes impacts over 500 million people around the world - that's roughly one in 10 adults. That means you probably know someone affected by this disease. At Medtronic, our Diabetes Operating Unit focuses on improving the lives of those within the global diabetes community. As a business, we strive to empower people with diabetes to live life on their terms by delivering innovation that truly matters and providing support in the ways they need it. We're committed to meeting people with diabetes where they are in their journey, always with an aim to make their lives easier. Our portfolio of innovative solutions is designed to provide customers greater freedom and better health, helping them achieve better glucose control, while spending less time managing their disease.
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Lead new global digital transformation programs from the development of the initial business case, evaluate project feasibility, and commercialization following Medtronic's global commercialization process.
- Conduct market, sales, and financial analysis, including assessment for current and/or new markets, products, and procedure opportunities.
- Partner with the multiple functions to develop market/product research plans to generate and confirm clinical needs and customer requirements.
- Work with various regional and global functions to identify unmet needs and translate into digital product/capabilities.
- Support development of overall roadmaps aligned to the value stream concept.
- Conduct competitive position analysis of company products/procedures and recommend and champion changes.
- Collect VOC and VOB for new and existing product lines
- Guide and inspire product teams in customer centric ways of working
- Influence team culture by always being inclusive, welcoming and candid-identifying, leading and delivering initiatives that improve the culture across the org
- Manage day to day responsibilities for the assigned products/programs in a Regional or Global capacity.
- Formulate and review corporate short and long-range plans, goals, and objectives for specific product or product line.
- Determine the profitability and viability of new products or product enhancements.
- Develop strategies to ensure effective product placement relative to market opportunity, working closely with product development for a specific product, brand, or product area over its entire life cycle.
- Work with other functions to finalize product requirements, resourcing, roadmap, timelines, and development.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 years of experience in digital product management/transformation/marketing/technology, or advanced degree and 5 years of experience digital product management/transformation/marketing/technology
Nice to Haves:
- MBA/Advanced degree in Science/Technology/Business Management/Information Systems
- Experience digital health platforms
- Certification in Product Management
- Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus
- Expertise working in both traditional Waterfall and Agile projects
- Strong structured problem-solving skills managing complex and ambiguous data sets
- Expertise in translating large amount of information into meaningful insights and executive-level stories
- Expertise in process mapping, value stream mapping, customer journey development
- Expertise in process management tools such as Miro, Visio, Workfront, etc.
- Experience learning technical products quickly
- Strong collaboration skills working with various stakeholders across multiple organizations
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills: ability to convey complex information in a simple and effective manner
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)