Location: Saginaw, TX
Ventura Foods is a leading global manufacturer of branded and custom food products that proudly helps food providers in the U.S., Canada and more than 60 other countries earn a special place on consumers' tables. We do this by continually crafting custom dressings, sauces, mayonnaises, and other food solutions that exceed peoples' expectations for great-tasting flavors and high-quality ingredients.
Headquartered in Brea, California, Ventura Foods operates 14 manufacturing facilities, 3 culinary centers, and numerous distribution centers across North America. When you work in our manufacturing and distribution facilities, you get a strong foundation of training, a manager who cares about you and celebrates your success, a safe environment, and challenging work. As part of our team, your future is limited only by how much you're willing to push yourself to get there. We invest in your growth, because you invest in ours.
Why Join Us?
Ventura Foods offers career growth opportunities, on-the-job training, as well as a full suite of benefits beginning on your first day for eligible employees, including:
- $1,000 Sign-on Bonus
- Profit Sharing and 401(k) Matching (after eligible criteria is met)
- Paid Vacation, Sick Time, and Holiday Pay
- Weekly Pay
- Shift Differential Pay, $1.00/hr. (if applicable)
- Employee Appreciation Events
- Medical and Prescription Coverage
- Dental and Vision Benefits
- Basic and Supplemental (AD&D) Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Perform a key role in maintaining good housekeeping and food plant cleanliness conditions in the tank farm, waste water, solid waste and recycling areas for the production and packaging departments. Work in a manufacturing environment following appropriate policies and procedures to ensure successful execution of position responsibilities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining concrete in the back lot area and compactor areas. This position also cleans other areas as assigned, including maintaining order and cleanliness in break and rest rooms Maintains back lot area to ensure that it is neat and orderly. Collects and processes all recyclable material from production and packaging areas and stores the materials until they are picked up by the recycle vendor. Maintains all returnable vendor totes and loads trucks when items are returned to vendors Monitors solid waste compactor area for cleanliness and notifies Production Supervisor when there are issues. Notifies waste hauler to have compactor pulled and cleans the area when compactor is pulled Handles and monitors all waste oil barrels from plant. Works with waste oil hauler to keep back lot cleared. Pressure wash inside tank farm areas to prevent oil buildup
- Keep all process and packaging area floors clean and free of oil, residual product, etc. Maintain white perimeter lines by mopping, sweeping, and re-painting as necessary. Use a walk behind scrubber to clean floors
- Ensure that overhead areas are clean and free of dust, product, cobwebs, etc. Wipe down control panels and tops of electrical boxes
- Assists waste water tech as needed
- Organizes recycling material and contacts pick up for recycling
- Responsible for following all food safety policies, procedures and regulatory criteria including the current SQF code, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) and associated preventive controls
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Experience in food manufacturing preferred
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent experience
- 1 or more years of experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must be able to communicate in English
- Responsible for operating equipment related to the performance of the position including foaming equipment, pressure washer, hot water mixer, dry ice cleaner, floor scrubbing equipment
- Knowledge of chemical safety training
Regularly requires intermittent sitting, standing, walking, climbing, squatting, kneeling, pushing, and pulling. Physical strength and dexterity sufficient to perform the required task(s). Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more with assistance. Additional demands may be required.
In addition to normal business hours, work schedules may include after hours and weekends as needed. May work outside and in adverse temperatures which include extreme hot, cold, and humidity. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. Must be willing and able to wear personal protective equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. May require work in confined and dark spaces, and at heights in excess of 18 feet for prolonged periods of time.
Ventura Foods is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.