Risk Officer - this is a 50/50 split of Work from home and in office . Our client based in Bristol at Emersons Green near the junction of the M4 and M32 ( so commutable from Bristol ,Bath ,Chippenham ) are experts in the compliance industry; focussing mainly on the Motor Trade and Travel . They have one of the UK's largest regulatory networks with many retail sites across the UK benefiting from a range of Finance and Insurance services.
By providing Appointed Representative status, they shoulder the burden of compliance ( of being Directly Authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) ) so their customers can concentrate on running their day to day businesses
- 2 years' experience of working within a Risk or Compliance role.
- Adhere to the ethos of Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) in all work activity.
- Completion of the companies Compliance Training program.
- Good investigative and analytical skills including the ability to analyse processes and procedures against requirements and desired outcomes.
- Ability to be able to critically review, and make judgements on, the compliance of written and oral communications against defined criteria.
- Good organisational skills and ability to proactively manage workload.
- Good written, oral communication and presentation skills.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience of a retail insurance environment.
- Experience of working with/for finance providers.
- Experience of working within a risk related role.
- Understanding of the Motor and Travel industry sectors.
- Understanding of how to use the FCA Handbook, and knowledge of the FCA requirements DISP, PRIN, SYSC, ICOBS, SUP and CONC.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
The company operates a three lines of defence model of risk management. The Risk function acts as the second line of defence, ensuring that the first line controls are effective. The Risk function is also responsible for completing 2nd line reviews on other business departments that focus on the risk of customer detriment, managing the incidents and breaches process, horizon scanning, controlling the network risk assessment, overseeing the network member onboarding process and handling regulated complaints.
Second Line Reviews:
Onboarding of new Network Members
Network Risk Assessment
Standard Operating Procedures
Training and development
We pride ourselves on offering continuous training & development along with career progression opportunities for all employees. Appropriate training will be provided as the role demands ensuring the individual is set-up for success.
A Truly Diverse Place to Work
The company celebrates the diversity of our people and we welcome applications from everyone. We believe that having a culture of inclusion is essential in delivering good results. Attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse workforce where employees feel valued, respected and empowered allows people to reach their full potential. As a business this diversity helps us to better reflect and understand our customers' needs to allow us to drive better outcomes. As an organisation, we respect and adheres to Equal Opportunities legislation and the Equality Act 2010.