OVERVIEW: HEALTHCARE SCIENCE TUTOR
Our client, a well-established private training provider, are currently seeking an experienced Healthcare professional to deliver and coordinate the successful completion of healthcare qualifications.
Once trained, you will be delivering apprenticeships to a caseload of learners working within the NHS. Majority of the work involves remote delivery from home (individual and workshop delivery), although there will be a need to see the learner for observations occasionally in the workplace.
We are looking for someone who has experience and knowledge within the areas of cardio-respiratory and cardiac science within the NHS (can be either Cardiac or Respiratory). Ideal background will be in someone working as a Healthcare Science technician or an ECG Technician.
Ideally you will already hold the relevant Assessor qualification (A1, TAQA or equivalent) and a Level 5 Teaching Qualification. If you do not possess these qualifications but have a genuine desire to move into a training role, you will be considered.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: HEALTHCARE SCIENCE TUTOR
With a passion for working with others and supporting learners towards maximising their full potential, you will take responsibility for managing a caseload of learners, creating a bespoke and meaningful lesson plan and schedule of learning to support and motivate learners towards achieving qualifications, stretching their learning, increasing their knowledge and capabilities and supporting them while they evolve intellectually and professionally.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: HEALTHCARE SCIENCE TUTOR
- Working closely with internal and external key stakeholders, while delivering a range of quality provisions, you will follow code of practise and or the agreed procedure for any awarding bodies.
- Train, assess, motivate and support learners towards achieving healthcare science qualifications
- Utilise the use of learner's lesson plan to record and endorse the journey the learner has undergone towards achieving their qualification. This along with all other documentation should be completed accurately and timely to support the overall business objective to ensure all materials are available on request for audit purposes.
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES: HEALTHCARE SCIENCE TUTOR
- Occupational experience within Healthcare Science or ECG Technician, within Cardiac or Respiratory
- Assessor qualification (D32/33, A1, TAQA or equivalent) or willing to work towards one
- Relevant Teaching Qualification at L5 or above (or willing to work towards one)
- Experience of delivering training remotely
- Excellent attention to detail / Time management skills
- Positive and dynamic with the ability to think on your feet and solve problems
- Passion for people development
- Full UK Driving License and use of own vehicle
SALARY/BENEFITS: HEALTHCARE SCIENCE TUTOR
- Starting salary £30-35k
- Mileage (paid from the home) and / or travelling expenses paid in full
- Work tools and equipment to work from home
- Attractive Employee Benefits package and outstanding CPD opportunities
Please Note: Oakmoor Recruitment receive a high number of applications and are not always able to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If you have not been contacted within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Thank you for your interest and we will keep your details on file for any future suitable vacancies. All applications must be eligible to work in the UK.