A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment and hand tools. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement, and unlimited growth opportunities. Our nearly seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our determination to developing innovative systems and solutions, exercising environmental stewardship and enhancing the wellbeing of our communities. How will you power what's possible?
The position is responsible for directing the day-to-day activities of the Quality Control, manage the quality technicians and auditors in monitoring the product quality to ensure compliance with all applicable UL, CSA, and special customer requirements. Must assist the management and supervision on solutions focused to quality related problems. Monitor and implement quality control procedures at the manufacturing level. Customer focus on problem solving and quality concerns, lead continuous improvements pertaining to product quality, service quality, and the quality system in general. Pursuit the company objectives keeping up with the company philosophy of continuous improvement. Promote positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiate and implement manufacturing procedures which improve quality. This is accomplished through thoroughly analyzing the existing methods and then working with manufacturing management and the work force to develop new procedures and ensure the new procedures are understood and followed.
- Coordinate employees to create an environment of continuous improvement based on tapping the knowledge of the entire work force. Among other ways, this is accomplished through training and participative problem solving.
- Supervise the work performed by the quality control technicians.
- Establish and direct daily activities as well as assigning projects and monitoring progress.
- Collect and analyze data related to product quality and execute action plans.
- Monitor and report Quality performance.
- Assist in the maintenance of ISO procedures, UL procedures, and Quality Control Lab procedures and monitor product quality to ensure compliance with all applicable specifications.
- Determine and monitor effectiveness of measuring and testing methods and equipment to meet customer requirements.
- Coordinate and monitor the calibration of all testing equipment.
- Provide hands on assistance to manufacturing departments in resolving quality problems.
- Ability to work 40-hour work weeks during rotation
- Willingness and ability to commit to a minimum of 3 rotations (2 year commitment)
- Freshman, Sophomore, or Junior pursuing a bachelor's degree in engineering
- Minimum GPA 2.5
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.