Project Officer - London
One to One Recruitment in York are working with STEM Learning in London to recruit an experienced Project Officer to work within the London STEM Ambassador Hub.
The London STEM Ambassador hub engages with over 1500 volunteers across the capital who support STEM education.
The Project Officers' role is to work within a small team, taking a lead on building relationships with schools, teachers and educational organisations in the region to support them to utilise STEM Ambassadors to enrich their teaching. There will also be team members leading on engagement with STEM Ambassadors and businesses.
This role would be perfect for someone who likes to build relationships with others, can work collaboratively and is passionate about volunteering and supporting STEM Education.
Typical daily activities could involve (amongst many other things):
- contacting and speaking with educational organisations and networks about the benefits of the STEM Ambassador and STEM Learning programme
- planning and hosting an event for students where a panel of STEM Ambassadors speak about their careers
- creating content for the website to help teachers engage with STEM Ambassadors
- presenting virtually or in-person to teachers about how best they can utilise the programme
- contacting STEM Ambassadors to encourage them to fulfil requests that teachers have made or to present at a teacher info session with you
- using social media to promote the programmes and events
- analysing data on schools' engagement with STEM Ambassadors in London
The successful candidate will ideally be:
- Results focussed - able to work to tight timelines and targets in a positive and constructive manner
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to think analytically and strategically, and respond creatively to challenges
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven project management and organisation skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Excellent presentation skills
- High level of personal resilience and ability to relish a challenge
- 30 days holidays plus bank holidays
- Access to a fantastic pension scheme, where employer contributions are currently 21.6%,
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme
- Access to a voluntary staff benefits scheme including cycle to work loan scheme; health cash back plans; free eye tests; discounted vouchers and much more