Who is Trace3
Trace3 is a leading Transformative IT Authority, providing unique technology solutions and consulting services to our clients. Equipped with elite engineering and dynamic innovation, we empower IT executives and their organizations to achieve competitive advantage through a process of Integrate, Automate, Innovate.
Our culture at Trace3 embodies the spirit of a startup with the advantage of a scalable business. Employees can grow their career and have fun while doing it!
Trace3 is headquartered in Irvine, California. We employ more than 1,000 people all over the United States. Our major field office locations include Atlanta, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Grand Rapids, Lexington, Los Angeles, Louisville, Texas, San Diego, San Francisco, and Scottsdale.Ready to discover the possibilities that live in technology?
Come Join Us!
Street-Smart - Thriving in Dynamic Times
We are flexible and resilient in a fast-changing environment. We continuously innovate and drive constructive change while keeping a focus on the big picture. We exercise sound business judgment in making high-quality decisions in a timely and cost-effective manner. We are highly creative and can dig deep within ourselves to find positive solutions to different problems.Juice - The Stuff it takes to be a Needle Mover
We get things done and drive results. We lead without a title, empowering others through a can-do attitude. We look forward to the goal, mentally mapping out every checkpoint on the pathway to success, and visualizing what the final destination looks and feels like.Teamwork - Humble, Hungry and Smart
We are humble individuals who understand how our job impacts the company's mission. We treat others with respect, admit mistakes, give credit where it's due and demonstrate transparency. We bring the weather by exhibiting positive leadership and solution-focused thinking. We hug people in their trials, struggles, and failures - not just their success. We appreciate the individuality of the people around us.About The Role
The Principal Engineer will be responsible for providing thought leadership and technical expertise in the delivery of technology solutions designed to meet our customer's needs. While leading in a delivery capacity, the Principal Engineer will work closely with Trace3 Engagement Architects to leverage new and emerging technologies to solve key technical challenges for our clients. The Principal Engineer will also provide oversight to Sr. Engineer and Engineers within the Practice. A key function of this role will be building deep relationships, gaining trust and delivering networking solutions with excellence.What You'll Do
Qualifications & Interests
- Support the deployment of large, complex, next-gen compute/storage pod deployments. Includes configuration, analysis, and restoration activities of networking and communications operational infrastructure.
- Preventative maintenance and support to ensure high availability.
- Develop and deploy Integration and automation capabilities for effective and efficient operational management.
- Help establish new or update operating model processes with cross-organizational impacts.
- Leverage various networking and DevOps tools to develop actionable business intelligence.
To be successful in this role, you will need customer facing experience in IT. You will also need to demonstrate a strong technical foundation, either through education or IT certifications.
- Bachelor's degree in technical / engineering discipline or equivalent experience
- A minimum of 6 years experience in a technical or data center support role.The following certifications are highly desirable: Pure, Dell, NetApp, Brocade, Cisco MDS
- IT certifications such as MCSE, VCP or CCNA or equivalent
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Exhibit a customer centric focus
- Strong knowledge of server, storage and networking hardware and configuration principles
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g Hyper-V VMM, VMware VSphere)
- Knowledge of scripting languages in support of Windows platforms (e.g. Powershell, Bash, VBScript)
- Performance tuning and capacity planning fundamentals.
- Project management skills
- Develop and maintain windows platform for the server as a host, connected with multiple clients (other computers)
- Test and certify new versions of windows operating system providing better solution and integration for the application like VMware and SharePoint.
- Integrate the server automation process either by custom scripts or via third-party solutions.
- Implement regular checks for the status of servers including hardware and software.
- Maintain and support multi-site windows environment along with hardware and software configuration.
- Management of server migration when required by the client.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN/VLAN, TCP/IP, UDP
- Highly skilled and proficient in data center experience in installing/moving equipment and cabling on a large-scale basis.
- Leadership skills in creating SOP's, templates, best practices and training.
- Vast experience working with various networking hardware such as multiplexers, routers, and switches.
- Familiarity with configuring Microsoft Windows, and various versions of Linux.
- Proficiency in Network troubleshooting tools (ping, traceroute, SNMP).
- Experience with administration and management of tools for the data center infrastructure including VM, server platform and storage
- Cisco certification
- DevOps experience: CI/CD, programming languages, Agile
- Experience with API's
- Experience with Agile, DevOps, and Application Development practices
- Experience with devops tools, e.g. Gitlab
- Experience with data and analytics
- Experience with network management tools and technologies, examples include but not limited to: Splunk, Netscout, Solarwinds.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for you and your dependents
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, 529 College Savings Plan, Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, and Long-Term Disability
- Competitive Compensation
- Training and development programs
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Collaborative and cool office culture
- Work-life balance and generous paid time off
- To all recruitment agencies: Trace3 does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, Trace3 employees or any other company location. Trace3 is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.