The HireWorks are delighted to be working with a national service and maintenance company to assist with the recruitment of a Plant Maintenance Engineer.
In this role you will be required to carry out diagnostics, service and repair of heavy plant machinery effectively and competently within the Kent area.
- To self-manage the service and repair construction equipment or miscellaneous equipment within the Kent area, maintaining safe working practices throughout.
- To identify mechanical problems, using technical knowledge and computerised diagnostic equipment, offering guidance and advice to the customer.
- To carry out duties in a commercially focussed way, seeking additional service revenue opportunities and promoting our aftermarket solutions.
- To be the main point of contact for the customer, ensuring high levels of satisfaction through effective resolution of queries and regular communication on planned site visits and machine repair progress.
- To carry out all work in line with quotations and time guides, highlighting to management and customers where additional work may be required.
- Maintain a sufficient personal toolkit to enable you to carry out the job effectively.
- Accurate completion of systems / paperwork (including but not limited to oil sample reports, Matris readouts, component failure reports, Engineer Report Generator s)
- To order parts for your work as necessary and to return parts in a clean condition and at the time of job completion, to aid the efficient invoicing of workshop jobs.
- Be a good team worker.
- Able to self-manage and generate own work.
- Ability to communicate efficiently with colleagues, management and customers.
- Work with a cost-conscious mindset to ensure maximum profitability.
- Commercially aware, effectively managing the customers within the geographical area.
- Problem solving ability and high level of diagnostic skills.
- IT Literacy - basic computer skills and ability to use email.
- Highly responsible, reliable, honest and trustworthy.
You will require:
- A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV mechanics (i.e. NVQ 3/C&G) (Desirable)
- Relevant experience in the repair and maintenance of heavy construction plant, including proven technical competence on diesel engines, transmissions, drive lines, hydraulics and electrics.
- Advanced diagnostic and trouble shooting skills and comprehensive understanding of hydraulics, electrics and EATS.
- Welding and fabrication skills.
You will receive:
- Competitive Salary
- Overtime - During week and Saturday am time and half, Saturday pm and Sunday Double time.
- London Weighting £2150 (within 35 miles of WC2N 6RQ)
- Choice to be paid weekly or Monthly.
- Benefits - Pension, Bonus, Mercedes Van, Uniform, Laptop, Phone, Healthshield (Health Insurance),Yulife, OEM training, 25 days Holiday plus Bank Holidays.
Please contact Dean to discuss this role further.