A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable, metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies assembled products, contractor equipment, hand tools and jobsite power and lighting solutions. We are proud to offer competitive compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement and unlimited growth opportunities. Our more than seven decades of progressive growth can be attributed to our commitment to delivering quality and service to our customers, exercising environmental stewardship, enhancing the well-being of our employees and giving back to the communities in which we work and live. How will you power what's possible?
Location: Villa Rica Retail
Shift: A Swing 6am-6pm (12 hour shift)
Starting Pay Rate: $17.79
If you are looking for a career with an innovative company that is grounded in their products and their people, then Southwire has an opportunity for you. Southwire is the largest wire and cable manufacturer in North America. We also produce a variety of supplies, equipment, cord sets, and other assembled products. Southwire powers what's possible through our products and by investing in our people. Southwire is also proud to offer competitive compensation, benefits, tuition reimbursement, and advancement opportunities.
As an Order Filler, you will support our manufacturing operations by providing a full range of material handling services to ensure fulfillment to customer and business expectation. Our Order Fillers are dedicated, hardworking, and passionate about getting things done. If you are looking for an opportunity to learn and grow with an industry leader, join our team!
What you'll do:
- Responsible for accurate storing, picking, packaging and shipping of product with a special focus on safety, quality, service/velocity and waste/cost reduction.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a forklift or other powered material handling equipment.
- Responsible for filling customer orders and delivering them to the correct staging area.
- Responsible for the completeness and correctness of all orders filled.
- Ensure that the quantity, quality, packaging, labeling, and addressing of outbound orders corresponds to customer specifications or other requirements.
What you'll need:
- High school diploma, or equivalent, is required.
- Must obtain a valid forklift truck operator's license and keep in possession when operating forklift.
- Must be able to read, count accurately, do simple math (add, subtract, multiply, divide) and write legibly.
- The ability to follow directions and emphasis on safety is extremely important.
- Must have responsible work habits.
- Must be familiar with warehouse systems.
- Must be able to handle stress caused in meeting deadlines with tight scheduling requirements.
- Must be able to shift priorities easily.
Benefits We Offer:
- 401k with Matching & Pension Plan (Eligible for Pension after 1,000 Hours Worked)
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental, and Vision)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & More
Southwire is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.