More than you expected
Grant Thornton UK LLP is part of a global network of independent audit, tax and advisory firms, made up of some 58,000 people in over 135 countries. We're a team of independent thinkers who put quality, inclusion and integrity first. All around the world we bring a different experience to our clients. A better experience. One that delivers the expertise they need in a way that goes beyond. Personal, proactive, and agile. That's Grant Thornton. Job Description:
NEW GROUND WON T BREAK ITSELF.
Every day our teams help people in businesses and communities to do what is right and achieve their goals.
The Grant Thornton Cyber Defence Centre are an established MSSP at the forefront of Cyber solutions, working with industry leading technologies. We offer a path for progression and invest in our workforce. Initiative is encouraged and support is always available across the team and wider group. We work collaboratively and cross functionally, boasting a healthy ethos whereby we aim to promote the best version of ourselves and you.
We are looking for a O365 Administrator / Security Engineer / Messaging Expert to join the Cyber Defence Centre in a growing security capability offering clients proven security advice and capabilities alongside the levels of help and support you would expect from Grant Thornton. The role contains two primary aspects:
The first is to help manage, maintain and grow our client s overall security, your role will be pivotal to growing this capability and the teams structure going forward. You will lead the team for onboarding and any ongoing troubleshooting for our email security tools as well as providing support to the security operations teams around malicious emails.
Secondly you will assist in the review and make recommendation for the security configuration for O365 and email security settings for clients who may have recently experienced a breach or need reassurance over their individual configurations.
We re happy to talk flexible working and consider reduced hours and job shares, we ll support you to balance your work and life.
A look into the role
As an O365 Administrator / Security Engineer within our Cyber Defence Centre, you will:
- Recognise problems by identifying abnormalities
- Implement security improvements by evaluating trends, anticipating requirements
- System Admin, Network Security, Information Security Policies
- Maintain & Improve Microsoft Cloud Security Stack, including Sentinel and Defender
- Participate in Incident and Problem Management
- Conduce Research and Analysis of IT Solution and Produce Recommendations
- Accept ownership for technical related deliverables
Knowing you re right for us
Joining us as a O365 Administrator / Security Engineer, the minimum criteria you ll need is strong IT Security background of at least 4 years. A passion for cyber security is a must with relevant IT / Security qualifications to set you apart. It would be great if you had some of the following skills, but don t worry if you don t tick every box, we ll help you develop along the way.
- Hands-on Strong Technical knowledge and experience with Email (SMTP) and Email Authentication (SPF, DKIM, DMARC)
- Experience with cyber security processes, tools, and technologies and knowledge of best practices regarding their implementation
- Experience on Cyber Threats and phishing techniques.
- Strong Technical Knowledge of Email Security Solutions.
- Experience with other security infrastructures including DLP and Document Management.
- Experience with Microsoft infrastructure products including Microsoft Office, Outlook, Exchange and SharePoint, Google G Suite
- Proven experience and knowledge of a broad range of IT security principles and associated technologies.
- Significant knowledge of Cyber Security as it applies to Enterprise business and ideally exposure to risk or threat assessment techniques.
- Technical experience and demonstrable skill in one or more of the following areas:
- Cloud security principles, particularly pertaining to Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of key Azure cloud solutions, including Azure networking, Cloud Identity and Access Management, M365 applications and virtualisation.
- Good understanding of software development practices and coding
- Deep knowledge of OWASP Top 10, CWE/SANS Top 25, WASC
Knowing we re right for you
Embracing uniqueness, the culture at Grant Thornton thrives on the contributions of all our people, we never settle for what is easy, we look beyond to deliver the right thing, for everyone. Building an inclusive culture, where we value difference and respect our colleagues helps our people to perform at the best of their ability and realise their potential.
Our open and accessible culture means you ll interact with leaders who are interested in you and everything you bring to our firm. The things that set you apart, we value them. That s why we give you the freedom to bring your whole self to work and pursue your passions inside and outside of work.
Beyond the job
Life is more than work. The things you do, and the people you re with outside of work matter, that s why we re happy to look at flexible working options for all our roles, and we ll always do our best to keep your work and life in balance.
The impact you can make here will go far beyond your day job. From secondments, to fundraising for local charities, or investing in entrepreneurs in the developing world, you ll be giving back to society. It s that drive to do the right thing that runs through our every move, grounded in our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We re looking for people who want to contribute, spark fresh ideas and go beyond expectations. People who want to be able to proudly do what s right, for the firm, our clients, our people and themselves. It s how it should be.