At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job Summary
Takes radiologic films of the body requiring specialized or complicated procedures to assist in the diagnosis of diseases and injuries. Acts as an assistant to the physician during invasive radiological procedures.Job DescriptionMinimum QualificationsEducation:
Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic TechnologyLicenses/Certifications:
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Certified in Basic or Advanced Life Support
- Current license or temporary license by the Texas Medical Board (MRT), required
- Registered Radiology Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT-R)
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Performs special/invasive radiology procedures on patients ensuring compliance with all radiation safety procedures: Prepares patients for exam, explains procedure, administers contrast when necessary, positions patients for the exam, selects appropriate imaging techniques, and ensures technical quality of the images.
- Enters and monitors patient data.
- Performs quality assurance on radiology equipment. May assist with initial and renewal application for ACR and other accreditation.
- Identifies and reports any accidents, complaints or equipment malfunction to department management.
- Takes emergency call within the department.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.