Who We Are:
Pace Transportation Services is a leading heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership. Pace is a multi-location, full-service dealership that specializes in semi van and reefer trailers. We are currently seeking a Mobile Technician for immediate hire at our Indianapolis branch. This position will involve traveling (locally!) to customer facilities for service and maintenance work on trailers. Position may require one week per month of after-hours/on-call work.
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) + Company Match!
- PTO After 30 Days
- Paid Holidays After 30 Days
- $50,000 Life Insurance/Accidental Death/Long-Term Disability - Company Paid
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Life Event Leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employees are eligible for benefits the 1st of the month following 60 days
Responsibilities & Duties
- Automotive Technicians must evaluate mechanical problems with mobile heavy equipment
- Mechanics diagnose and repair vehicles with electrical, powertrain, drivability, braking, steering, suspension, and other component problems
- Truck & Trailer Mechanics repair and replace damaged or worn parts
- Dismantle and reassemble heavy equipment using hoists and tools
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear
- Test mechanical equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance
- Mechanics are required to travel (locally) to worksites to repair large equipment
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Mechanical experience
- Ability to operate heavy duty equipment
- Clean driving record (3 or less minor violations)
- Ability to obtain a DOT Card - company paid
- 2-5 years' experience with heavy duty equipment repair
- Completion of a vocational or other post-secondary training program
Why Work for Pace Transportation Services?
Pace Transportation Services is a division of Hinton Transportation Investments, Inc. (HTI). HTI is an EEO Employer that offers great growth opportunity and strives to promote from within those employees that share our same company values and exhibit a strong work ethic. If you have a mechanical background and feel you could represent out Pace value each day to many of our customers, please submit your resume for consideration!
Background check, physical exam, and drug screening (less THC) will be required.