Part of the Culina Group, Great Bear is the flexible, agile ambient 3PL alternative. Great Bear is a key player in ambient 3PL, and through an extensive depot network including unique state of the art facilities at Port Salford and Markham Vale Great Bear serves established FMCG businesses.
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant, keen to work and partner with operational teams, having ultimate responsibility for the MI output of a small finance team. Proven management ability, people skills, drive and a passion for management accounts are key to this role.
The successful candidate will need to show determination to find efficiencies and be able to manage multiple deliverables and stakeholders. The role is based at Harworth and it will be managing a new customer and ultimately new site.
This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Management Accountant wishing to further their career in a growing and diverse Group. The role will report to the Regional Head of Management Accounts, based off-site, and will work closely with the sites' management teams to provide high quality P&L analyses, challenge and improve processes, and build relationships to ensure a thorough understanding of the customer contracts and key site cost drivers.
The role includes:
- Manage and develop small finance team
- Oversee and review the weekly P&L reporting and provide weekly costing support
- Provide financial information to support the business development team and regional head of management accounts to support new tenders
- Lead the month end process and provide support to the finance team
- Attend customer meetings as finance lead
- Understand commercial agreements (a mixture of open and closed book) and closely work with the commercial lead to support any price reviews
- Providing MI information to key stakeholders and developing a relationship with the senior operational team to improve efficiencies and profitability at site
- Lead annual budget process and periodic forecasting for those P&Ls responsible
- Invoice and credit control customers and update Company cash forecast
- Understanding of key finance processes including haulier self-bill, customer invoicing, purchase ordering, petty cash etc., to name a few.
- Numerous ad-hoc reports and project tasks as required from the Regional Head of Management Accounts or General Managers
- Regular updates to Regional Head of Management Accounts and be a key member of Great Bear Finance/Accounts team
Key Technical Skills:
- Advanced Excel
- Qualified CIMA / ACCA Accountant but QBE considered
Key Personal Skills:
- Excellent people skills and proven management ability
- Very commercially minded
- Experienced in management accounts and budget / forecast preparation
- Ability to manage various stakeholder expectations and deliverables
- Clear and succinct communicator at all levels
- Good team-player with the drive to see tasks through to completion and meet deadlines set
- An enquiring mind that isn't afraid to question and take initiative, looking for constant development and improvement of procedures
- Experience in logistics would be beneficial
- Excellent attention to detail
What you get in return:
- Competitive basic salary
- Competitive holidays
- Private health care
- Life assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Retail discounts
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a personable and growing business with plenty of opportunities and a great team.
If you meet the criteria above and are interested in and use to working in a fast paced organisation then click apply now and !