DCS Group are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and reliable Line Leaderto join us on a full-time, permanent basis working on the 13.45-22.15 shift, Monday to Friday at our Manufacturing division on site in Redditch. In return, you will receive a highly competitive salary of £10.38 per hour + 10% shift allowance.
Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world's largest brands?
DCS Group is the UK's leading Distributor, Manufacturer and Exporter of Health Beauty and Household products. As the uniquely appointed representatives for Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Johnson & Johnson, PZ Cussons, SC Johnson to name a few, DCS has unrivalled multi-channel insight and category expertise. Our latest exciting plans to develop and grow our new Food distribution business has seen major brands such as Whitworths and Danone joining forces with DCS.
DCS Group is passionate and proud about all that we do, the customers we serve and our people. Operating out of two amazing sites, we have the 26-acre Banbury Head Office and warehousing facilities as well as our new state of the art Health and Beauty manufacturing facility occupying 100,000 sq. ft based in Redditch.
As a family-owned business, we are very proud of our ethos, our people and 26 years of successive growth. We offer a very special opportunity of being able to join a welcoming, dynamic, fun place to work, and to work directly with the world's biggest FMCG power brands.
As a Line Leaderyour duties will include:
- Ensuring that lines are set up 15 minutes prior to commencement of shifts and closed down at the end of the shift, performing hourly checks throughout the shift ensuring that agreed cost per unit measures are being achieved, addressing and recording any deviations and that all lines under their responsibility and surrounding areas are always maintained
- Monitoring and controlling flow through the production process as required by the production plan and that all KPIs are met, checking with the distribution team to ensure that all customer orders are fulfilled
- Checking goods that have arrived in both terms of product type and quantity ensuring relevant paperwork matches
- Ensuring that all operatives under your supervision are trained in and always follow all appropriate SOP requirements
What we are looking for in our ideal Line Leader:
- Experience of working under pressure in a busy warehouse environment
- A high level of self-motivation with excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritise workload and work to tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail, striving to be accurate, first time, every time
- Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) level in both English and Maths
- Working knowledge of Quality and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Experienced in using Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
Core benefits of becoming our Line Leader:
As a family business, we place a great deal of importance on the well-being and happiness of our staff and the benefits they can enjoy.
- Life Cover
- Medical Cash Plan
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Staff Shop
- Social Events
There's no place quite like DCS Group and we're proud of that, which is all down to the people who work here. If you want to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we would love to hear from you!
Click 'Apply' now to find out more about our Line Leaderposition!