IT Server Administrator Linux (m/f/d)
The Deutsche Bundesbank is a special bank: an integral part of the European System of Central Banks with a central function in monetary policy, financial stability and banking supervision in Germany. Above all, however, we are a strong team of reliable and responsible people whose daily work creates the conditions for a stable euro and a functioning economy - across departments and throughout Europe.
We are looking for an n for the Information Technology (IT) department in Frankfurt am Main, Düsseldorf, Stuttgart or Munich.
IT Server Administrator (Linux). Your tasks
As part of a team in the area of server infrastructure, you will advise and support application managers and IT projects as an IT system administrator for Red Hat Enterprise Linux over the complete lifecycle in the area of integrating C/S applications into the Bundesbank's IT infrastructure. You will be involved in the provisioning of server systems, performing the installation of server-based applications and automating them as required. You will participate in client/server-based projects, including creating infrastructure-related chapters in solution documents. Your responsibilities will include the placement of IT systems in the various network and security areas of the bank's data center. You will also be responsible for providing load-level support for the interface between the operating system and the application for the integrated applications. The operational requirements of the applications you support also require you to be on call on a regular basis and occasionally work on weekends.
In addition to responsible tasks in a dynamic environment, we offer attractive employment conditions such as a permanent and crisis-proof employment with long-term prospects, 30 vacation days, a free job ticket, home office options, modern IT equipment (laptop, smartphone) and remuneration in line with the TVöD on the basis of pay group 11 plus a bank allowance A civil service position is generally possible. An existing civil service contract (up to A 11 gD) can be continued if necessary. With us, you can expect an extensive range of further training opportunities as well as flexibly plannable working hours to shape your work-life balance.
- Accredited bachelor's degree or equivalent in (business) computer science or comparable degree with an information technology focus, or comparable knowledge from many years of professional experience
- Good knowledge and several years of experience in the area of Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server and the associated system management procedures such as SW installation, packaging, distribution, monitoring, logging and data backup.
- Very good knowledge in the installation of application software on servers, esp. experience with the automation of SW installations using scripting languages (shell), batch programming or Ansible
- Knowledge of the virtualization technology VMware vSphere is an advantage
- Good knowledge of data networks, data center structures and client/server architecture.
- Knowledge in the areas of IT security and ITIL processes.
- Willingness and health suitability to work under special time requirements (regular on-call duty).
- High level of service and customer orientation, Strong analytical and conceptual skills, as well as a high degree of independence and sense of responsibility, team orientation.
- Good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
We expect the willingness to undergo a security clearance in accordance with the Security Clearance Act (SÜG).
Diversity and equal opportunities are important components of the Bundesbank's human resources policy. Severely disabled persons are given preferential consideration in cases of equal suitability. Part-time employment is generally possible. The Deutsche Bundesbank promotes professional equality between women and men. We therefore particularly welcome applications from women. Ms. Zeynep Demir, telephone -35728, will be pleased to answer any questions you may have about the job advertisement and your application. The contact person for your technical questions is Ms. Kerstin Baran, telephone -34248.
For more information about Bundesbank as an employer, please visit
We look forward to receiving your online application with the usual documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, references) by September 29, 2022, quoting the reference number 2022_0870_02.