J oin a dynamic and growing team!
Anchor Paper Company is a employee owned and family owned company. As a employee owned company at 49% ownership, you have a voice and it matters. We offer a unique and innovative culture to include; employee events, tickets to MN Wild, MN Twins and Vikings games, a employee discount program, a Employee Stock program with vesting at 2 years of employment, generous Holiday & Paid Time off program and a casual work environment. Job Function:
The Machinery Service Technician requires a self-motivated individual for the installation, testing, analyzing, maintaining, repairing, and training on commercial and custom designed packaging and material handling equipment. This position is part of a growing division of Anchor Paper Company, and has a direct impact on our customer relationships. Moderate travel will be necessary in the Upper Midwest (MN, IA, WI, ND, SD). Company Vehicle will be provided. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, Education and Abilities:
- Installation of new equipment.
- Working with customers and suppliers to provide efficient installation.
- Preventative maintenance & repair service.
- Place long-distance and conference calls, as required.
- Working closely with OEM manufactures during installation and maintenance to quickly diagnose and repair initial or ongoing equipment problems
- Work with customers at their facilities during installation and repair to ensure proper machine functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be familiar with the use of standard hand tools and power tools.
- 3-5 years' experience in troubleshooting of mechanical parts and assemblies.
- Must be able to read an electrical schematic to troubleshoot an electrical control system.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley ControLogix platform and HMI preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- At least 5 years of field experience preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills for customer interactions.
- Company will provide factory training on approved equipment.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a clean driving record
- Walking long distances
- Bending, stooping, kneeling, laying, climbing and crawling.
- Working with heights that are 10-15 feet above the ground