Reporting to the European HR Director of this Bedford based innovative Manufacturing and production company the HR Manager is a real business partner and as such is member of the steering committee of the company.
As the current sole Human resources and personnel function this is strategic role of translating the group strategies and initiatives into a dynamic UK HR policy.
This Bedford based company are growing and expanding innovative Manufacturing and production organisation with a European head office who are looking for a HR Manager to solely manage the Uk HR Operations for this newly created Human resources and personnel function with growth potential.
HR Manager duties and responsibilities;
- In charge of all the recruitment process of permanent staff from job description to the offer letter, including choice of recruiting media (agencies, indeed, linked in )
- Induction - introduce an onboarding programme and ensure all is put in place in a timely manner
- Liaise with agencies to recruit temporary staff ensuring that timesheets are correct and authorised in a timely manner
- Process monthly payroll for submission to our accountant
- Ensure all overtime, sickness, unpaid leave, monthly mileage claims, are processed
- Ensure all pay increases and bonus payments are paid correctly.
- Write and follow up all the contractual and legal documentation
- Keep the appraisal register up-to-date and inform managers when these are due
- Organise and follow up an annual training plan base on annual appraisal and skills repertory
- Support the managers in all the procedure, from warning to dismissal
- Ensure all legal requirement are fulfilled
- Give strategic input and build a dynamic and consistent HR policy for UK
HR Manager desired experience and characteristics;
- Prior UK HR experience to include ER, policies and full hr process management
- Able to work independently to manage UK HR operations, with support for European head office
- Great communication skills and stakeholder management with senior leadership team through to a range of departments
- Strong organisation skills
- Able to deal with confidential enquiries
- Approachable and personable nature to coordinate with a variety of stakeholders
Great flexible company, hybrid working, bonus scheme, pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement, annual pay reviews, autonomy and ownership of your role