Our client, based in RCT has an immediate need for a capable HR Advisor to join them for an initial 6 month contract. This position offers a hybrid working pattern.
As HR Advisor your role will involve supporting the Senior HR Officer and Head of HR during a particularly busy time for the business. This is a "hands on" role, in a busy HR function, as a result you will be actively involved in all aspects of the day-to-day HR operations.
Working with an experienced HR Team, this role is ideal for someone who already has proven HR experience and is keen to be part of a professional and well-developed HR function. This is a great opportunity for someone who would relish being given more responsibility and is willing to get 'stuck into' a busy HR role. With ongoing HR projects in the business, the role could be extended in the future.
- Assist with recruitment for the company including obtaining authorisation from Senior Managers/Directors, creating/updating job descriptions and advertising the vacancies using the necessary channels.
- Managing applicants to ensure the candidate journey is positive to promote the employer brand
- Recruitment admin including arranging interviews with both candidates and hiring managers, arranging references, issuing offer letters and new starter packs
- Arranging and managing inductions for new starters, plus conducting H&S inductions
- Conducting all new starter actions on the HR system including payroll actions
- Keeping HR records up to date, including regular audits
- Attending meetings with line managers and taking minutes and making actions as appropriate
- Supporting line managers with all ER matters, including disciplinary proceedings
- The role will also involve carrying out adhoc duties including administration and reporting to support managers and in turn aid the running of an effective HR operation.
The person specification
- Previous experience of operating in a generalist HR Assistant / Advisor role
- Demonstrable knowledge of employment law, people policy and practice and its practical application.
- Strong IT skills, particularly in the use of MS Excel and Office products.
- Articulate in both written and verbal communication and able to amend style to meet the needs of different areas of the business.
- Self-reliant, able to act on own initiative.
- Approachable, open and able to work as part of a team.
- Excellent customer care and interpersonal skills.
Salary is c£30,000 per annum - FTC for 6 months
Hybrid working, 37.5 hours per week
The next step
If this opportunity is of interest, we would be delighted to hear from you, please apply with to arrange a conversation.