Guitar Center embodies the world of creativity and music by encouraging staff to find their own individual sound. Our mission is to develop and nurture lifelong musicians and make a difference in the world by enabling musicians and non-musicians alike to experience the joy that comes from creating music. We believe in creating inclusive environments that put our customers first all the while fulfilling our mission.
As our Repair Tech, you will provide perform maintenance and repair services on customer-owned instruments and to assist in maintenance of specific store inventory, continually building and increasing the business through great customer experience and quality work.
A few special characteristics that make our Repair Technicians successful:
- Customer Focus : Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Able to step in to handle customer service issues.
- Initiative : Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Able to develop knowledge and skills including product, store operations, sales and leadership.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Training : Able to effectively train learners and communicate info and techniques so that they are retained.
As our Repair Technician, you will:
- Interact with customers, ensuring a positive customer experience
- Service customer-owned instruments with a high level of craftsmanship
- Maintain store owned gear, as requested
- Complete warranty repair work
- Additional duties as assigned