FVP, Functional Business Analyst (Wealth), Group Retail & Channel T&O
Posting Date: 19-Sep-2022
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
Group Technology and Operations (GTO) provides software and system development, information technology support services and banking operations.
We have centralized and standardized the technology components into Singapore, creating a global footprint which can be utilized for supporting our regional subsidiaries and the branches around the world. We operate and support 19 countries with this architecture to provide a secure and flexible banking infrastructure.
Our Operations divisions provide transactional customer services for our businesses while also focusing on cost efficiency through process improvements, automation and straight through processing. Job Responsibilities
Requirements Analysis & Elicitation
o Collaborate with BU Specialists to elicit and review business requirements
o Analyse and document the "to be" business and operations processes based on the agreed requirements and / or function points, perform impact assessment
o Be responsible to analyse and define detailed functional and non-functional requirements based on business requirements
o Monitor and manage risks /issues related to requirements and scope creep
o Write business functional release notes and contribute to deployment plan
o Transition functional and non-functional requirements to System Analysts, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements
o Work with Test Manager to translate business requirements into test scenarios
o Facilitate / provide "Train the Trainer" on application enhancements
o Maintain up to date knowledge base related to application features and processes (subject matter expertise)
Testing & Scope Management
o Clarify test findings escalated by Test Manager and classify the findings accordingly (either as a defect or change request)
o Perform impact assessment and estimation for Project Change Request Job Requirements
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science / Engineering / Business / Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of relevant banking and/or consulting experience
- Strong business domain knowledge in banking:
- Wealth or Private Banking experience
- Knowledge of the regulatory changes, especially in the sales & advisory process
- Strong knowledge of investment products
- Experience in designing end-to-end workflows
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills that can translate analysis into solutions that meet business objectives
- Extensive experience in technology and operational processes across functions / departments in the financial industry
- Resourceful team player
- Familiar with change management processes and project management fundamentals
- Strategic and forward thinking approach to challenges with strong communications, influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
- Passionate, diligent and resilient individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Experience in scoping and evaluation - Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.