Starting rate increases with relevant experience!
Day and evening positions available.
As a member of the Environmental Services team, the Floor Technician performs routine floor care including, but not limited to, scrubbing, extracting, refinishing and buffing of floor surface while maintaining cleanliness and standard safety protocols.
Join Our Team: Dramatically Increased Wages! Employee Perks!: 401K Retirement Plan with Company Match, Clean, Neat & Newly Renovated Facility, Close to thruway entrances/exits, Discounted employee meals, Dramatically Increased Wages!, Free On-Site Parking, Friendly and supportive staff, Generous PTO & holiday package, Increased Wages, Life Insurance, Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, Monthly employee appreciation events, Picturesque, 30-acre wooded campus, Strong leadership, Tuition reimbursement program, Uniform Provided Responsibilities:
- Maintains all floors, i.e. stripping refinishing and daily maintenance of various floor types and surfaces.
- Properly and safely operates various pieces of equipment such as extractor, auto-scrubber, hispeed buffer, shop vac, side-to-side buffer, vacuum, pressure washer, wheelchair washer, steam machine, etc.
- Regularly empties refuse/waste as instructed. Ensures that all entrance ways are clean and well-maintained.
- Follow cleaning procedures in a safe manner.
- Completes all assignments timely and as scheduled.
- Maintains equipment in good working condition and stores in designated location after each use.
- Inspects equipment regularly to ensure all pieces are in proper, safe working condition; notifies supervisor of any equipment malfunction(s) and/or repairs needed.
- Inventories supplies and requests items from supervisor as needed.
- Performs work both indoors and outdoors as assigned.
- Treats residents with respect and kindness and observes rights of residents.
- Attends in-services, departmental meetings, and other meetings, as required.
- Performs all job duties according to safety rules and practices required for this job position, and as required to ensure the general safety of staff, residents and visitors of this facility.
- Utilizes electronic timekeeping system as directed.
- Arrives to work on time, regularly, and works as scheduled.
- Recognizes and follows the dress code of the facility including wearing name tag at all times.
- Follows policy and procedure regarding all electronic devices, computers, tablets, etc.
- Supports and abides by Elderwood's Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Abides by Elderwood's businesses code of conduct, compliance and HIPAA policies.
- This individual will assist the facility with hospital picks ups in our Elderwood Van. A clean/valid NYS driver's license is required.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor, management staff or Administrator.
Base wages increase with experience!
From: USD $15.50/Hr. Qualifications:
- Minimum 18 years of age due to equipment operation
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Janitorial/Environmental Services experience desired
- Valid/Clean NYS Driver's License required for when picking up hospital admissions.
Elderwood expects all current and new employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination. Employees may request a medical exemption from vaccination.