The Financial Reporting team sits within Central Finance, which is led by the Head of Financial Reporting. The team has primary responsibility for financial accounting and reporting of the Society of Lloyd's and the Lloyd's Market.
The Assistant Finance Manager will be responsible for the production of the internal and external reporting of the Society of Lloyd's in accordance with UK GAAP, statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for preparation, review and presentation of financial results and reports on a timely and accurate basis in accordance with UK GAAP, statutory and regulatory reporting requirements
- Responsible for developing, updating and ensuring compliance with accounting policies under UK GAAP
- Challenging information and financial results appropriately to deliver high quality reporting to management, regulators and auditors, along with adequate evidence.
- Assist in preparing, reviewing and delivering the external reporting including Half Year and Annual Reporting under UK GAAP.
- Support the Financial Reporting function in maintaining reporting requirements, calendars and resource planning to deliver within timelines.
- Support the Financial reporting function with technical research and papers for Finance management and governance committees.
- Deputising for the Manager when needed, and assisting with the day-to-day running of the team.
- Work closely with the Financial Accounting, Investment Reporting, FP&A, Regulatory Reporting and Financial Operations functions to communicate requirements and challenge results.
- Maintain an effective control environment over financial reporting for management, statutory and regulatory reporting as appropriate, driving improvements where needed.
- Provide assistance to both internal and external auditors on a timely basis in the performance of their audits and in implementing recommendations agreed by management.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals and/or process documentation to assist in training new joiners.
- Drive process improvements, ledger/reporting applications and increasing efficiencies in the way we work.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Communication, influencing & stakeholder management skills
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Proactive and independent but able to work effectively as a team
- Attention to detail and able to deliver accurate reporting
- Problem solving / decision making skills
- Ability to apply judgment and quality sense checks
- Design and deliver efficient reporting applications and drive continuous improvement
- Ability to analyse complex data sets
- Knowledge of UK GAAP or IFRS
- Knowledge of relevant statutory & regulatory requirements in the UK
- Knowledge of accounting standards as applicable to financial services and insurance organisations
- Knowledge of general ledger operations / functionality and reporting applications
- Knowledge of internal controls over accounting and financial reporting
- Qualified accountant (e.g., ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with proven PQE
- Experience of financial reporting within an international, complex business or accounting firm with reporting experience.
- General insurance experience gained from audit or insurance industry