Our client, a leading global supplier for IT services, requires a Field Engineer to be based in the Midlands ready to visit the customer locations to install or decommission hardware when needed.
This is hybrid role - you will be working remotely for part of the week with Ad hoc site visits when required for parts replacement or client meeting etc.
Candidates should be happy to travel initially for training/ shadowing field engineers in Leicester and Derby for some weeks until fully trained and then you should be happy to travel Ad hoc when required thereafter.
Mileage will be paid for site visits. Some overnight stays may be required, and pre-approved expenses will be reimbursed on actuals. You will be required to hold a valid UK driving license and your own vehicle.
Site locations lie between Durham and Kent including leicester, Nottingham, Northampton, Kettering, Lincoln & Sherwood, Derby.
When not travelling, you will support the service desk remotely from home on the other days.
This is a 6-12-month temporary contract to start ASAP.
- Mainly dealing with Desktops and Server Hardware troubleshooting issues. Should have worked on Dell, HP Desktop and Servers Hardware, Storage box (e.g. change disks, put workstations on place and network)
- Should have OS troubleshooting skills. Mainly Windows 7/10, Windows 2008 R2, 2012 R2, Basic of RedHat Linux.
- Active Directory knowledge would be good, but not mandatory
- Deploy the new applications for customer and configure with help of SOP. Should be able to create the new SOP whenever required.
- Always ready to visit the customer location to install or decommission Hardware.
- Basic understanding of Network, Storage terminology.
- Should be able to carry the Hardware parts at customer location whenever needed.
- Should always be ready to help Service Desk team in their follow up tasks during non-visiting days.
- Degree in an IT related field or equivalent technical experience with systems networking and user support
- Should have ITIL understanding.
- A results-oriented individual who thrives working in a fast-paced environment
- Provides constructive input when requesting support to other expertise levels Illustrates IT mindset, knowledge of IT infrastructure and products
- Excellent analytical and communication skills including ability to provide clear and concise status to senior management
- Demonstrate analytical skills, using experience to analyse technical issues and take relevant decisions
- Exhibit IT mindset, knowledge of IT infrastructure and products,
- Inspire confidence and communicate with customers from different levels in a professional manner
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to tight deadline
- Aptitude to define actions plans to execute resolution
- Constantly exhibits customer focus demonstrating a customer-first attitude
- Consistency demonstrates tact and diplomacy, when facing difficult, stressful or sensitive interpersonal situation to maintain good relationships with customers;
- Consistently demonstrate high standards of communication skills
- Able to carry out work on heavy weight - Rack moves
- Client Facing , English Communication
- Experience in healthcare systems is an added advantage but not mandatory as training will be given
- Fluent in English
- Valid UK Driving License
- Mobility, Car or Mini Van even better