Nestlé Professional is committed to providing the finest ingredients, operational knowledge, and uncompromised support to foodservice operations across the US. Our team of culinary experts and skilled product developers partner closely with foodservice professionals to generate creative, branded food and beverage solutions that address a wide variety of needs. As a business serving other businesses, we're focused on performing with speed, service, and precision to cook up delicious ideas for our clients both small and large. Satisfy your appetite for an exciting career at Nestlé Professional.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
The Factory Quality Manager provides the leadership necessary to establish and maintain quality levels of products through sanitation, ingredient, and packaging and quality systems management. Role is the Guardian of quality compliance and challenger of all functions across the value chain to drive Continuous Improvements, support to Operations, Supply Chain, and Consumer Services, while fostering a cross functional quality, compliance and performance culture. Is responsible for the leadership and the development, implementation and management of all Quality Assurance programs and activities. Provides technical expertise and support to ensure compliance to NQMS / FSSC 22000, regulatory requirements, product quality, and food safety. Utilizes tools such as auditing, process evaluation, trend analysis to achieve continuous improvement and business objectives. Reports to the Factory Manager with a functional reporting line to Corporate Quality Management
1. HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT
Contribute towards maintaining, promoting and developing high health and safety standards and lead by example to carry out all duties and specific responsibilities in compliance with Quality and Food Safety Policies and Procedures. Promote the culture change towards behavioral safety improvements and support SHE compliance in all Operation Quality activities.
2. QUALITY - Factory Quality Manager is responsible to:
• Direct and supervise the development, implementation and administration of QA activities in all phases of production at factory level (Nestlé Quality Systems).
• Drive improvements and monitor Quality Metrics/KPI's at the facility
• Promote quality awareness and ownership across value chain
• Monitor and assess performance of the quality systems, report its effectiveness to management and implement actions for improvement
• Ensure compliance of the audit programs for internal and external audits i.e. FSSC 22000, NQMS, NGA/Market audits
• Ensure the effective operation of HACCP and Food Safety Teams
• Drive Hygiene and NGMP programs across the whole factory and external warehouse
• Identify and apply "Standard Practices" within the facility or from the broader network.
• Be the factory Quality Pillar and champion NCE quality related activities
• Manage QA related projects from inception to final reports and implementation that are based inside and outside the resources of the Dept on a factory-wide basis.
• Provide technical support/resources for Co-manufacturers and Affiliates, which include insuring continued compliance to formal release requirements of associated products.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Factory QA Manager provide support to :
• Divisional TAG, PTC/R&D, Engineering, Vendors, Consumer Service, Sales & Marketing and Supply chain on Quality related matters
• Marketing by participating in Product Reviews on factory and Corporate level
• In close cooperation with Corporate Quality liaise with Consumer Services, Marketing and Brand Manager by investigating and communicating consumer complaint trends and resolutions
• NUSA Quality Supplier Management by providing service (as requested) for Vendor audits, advice and follow up of actions plans
• Factory Crisis Management Team
• Communication of new and/or updated Regulatory Policies within the facility
• Support to local, State and Federal agencies when requested by Divisional QA.
4. CULTURE DEVELOPMENT
• Facilitate the development of an open and productive culture where people take pride & responsibility in what they do. Continually inform and involve all relevant personnel in the exchange of information necessary to ensure alignment to current and future objectives.
• Drive Monthly reviews of KPI's and contribute towards meeting the yearly business Goals for the Facility.
• Lead Monthly MQR reviews for the facility.
• Promote good communication skills and communicate effectively to others.
• Supervise the activities of department personnel, with strong emphasis on people development.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
B.S. in Dairy Science, Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology or similar scientific discipline.
• Minimum 5-7 years Quality Management experience, preferably in food manufacturing or consumer goods industry. Within this there must be 2-3 years of factory QA experience, preferably at a QA Manager level.
• Must have strong knowledge and understanding of food safety / HACCP, GMP's, Allergen Controls, Sanitary design/controls, pest control, basic food regulations, specifications, analytical and microbiological lab methods desired and basic food technology.
• Knowledge of Quality systems & principles
• Knowledge of Micro and Hygiene monitoring
• Must be capable of working in a fast paced environment with minimal direct supervision and have strong demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, and self-initiative skills.
• Strong demonstrated verbal / written communications, influencing skills, analytical and problem solving skills. Must be detailed and results oriented. Statistical analysis experience is preferred.
• Developed understanding of finance targets and the overall budget structure of the laboratory
• Operates with integrity and is respectful
• Experience with SAP and Trace software preferred.
• Nestlé NQMS or FSSC 22000 training or similar Food Safety and Quality Systems training by Silliker, etc. Implementation experience on Food Safety and/or Quality programs is strongly preferred.
• PC proficiency in Windows-based applications: Word, Excel, Access (preferred).
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.