Grosvenor is the leading Casino operator in the UK and our venues offer the very best quality gaming and leisure experience in an environment committed to safer gambling. We aim to excite and entertain all our customers giving them a memorable experience they will want to return for.Our casinos are an exciting and rewarding place to work with roles across all aspects of gaming and customer service with opportunities to develop your existing skills and learn new ones. If you want to build a career in casinos that s fine with us; as the largest operator in the UK, we have lots of opportunity and structured development programmes.At Grosvenor we are a 24/7 operation committed to safer gambling for our customers and building and inclusive, diverse and engaged team. Job Description
- Enthusiastically lead the Food and Beverage Team as and when required.
- Ensure that all departments are adequately resourced within required budgets.
- Assist in the training and induction of new team members, and support the development of existing team members through training and coaching.
- Support the Food and Beverage Manager by reviewing performance within the Food and Beverage Team, monitoring through regular reviews and appraisals, escalating any concerns to the Management Team.
- Actively support the Management Team to promote new business and suggest new initiatives to achieve objectives.
- In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Manager, review your own performance at reviews and annual appraisal. Be responsible for your development needs by using this job description to highlight areas where you may feel further training or support is required.
- To be multi-skilled in other departments so that the business is able to meet customer demands by ensuring that all departments are operating to the maximum efficiency.
To be customer obsessed, carrying out your duties to ensure that all customers have an exceptional level of service provided, a value for money experience and want to return to the Casino.
- To be conversant with current promotions and products available (gaming and non-gaming) to ensure the best customer experience.
- To proactively offer and provide a friendly, accurate, efficient and prompt service of food and beverages, responding positively to all customer requests in accordance with the Company s Food and Beverage Service Cycles.
- To have an awareness of daily, weekly and monthly targets and ensure that the Food and Beverage Team are working to achieve these.
- To actively promote the customer reward scheme.
- To uphold the company s commitment to the protection of young and vulnerable people, in accordance with the company s responsible gambling policy and procedures.
- To be accountable for all handling of monies and electronic point of sale responsibilities.
- To have the required level of Product Knowledge of our Food & Beverage Offers.
- To have the required level of knowledge of all equipment within the Food and Beverage Department, reporting any faults to the Management Team.
- To ensure that the replenishment of all stock is complete, so that the customer always has the opportunity to access all available products.
- To support the Food and Beverage Manager to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation e.g. Licencing, Weights and Measures etc., escalating any concerns to the Management Team.
- To ensure that the Department has accurately accounted for stocks, spillages and wastages, managing work quality and controls, escalating any concerns to the Management Team.
- To comply with all regulatory provisions in respect of sanitation and food safety, ensuring that cleaning schedules are adhered to and that the agreed standard of housekeeping and presentation are maintained.
- Promote an environment that encourages responsible drinking. A number of other responsibilities including Departmental and Company standards, required training and compliance issues which are covered in detail in the Employee Fact-File which should be read in conjunction with this job description.
- Passion to deliver exceptional Customer Service
- Working knowledge of food and beverages within a similar environment.
- Leisure/Food and Beverage industry knowledge including legislation, best practice, current trends, etc
- NVQ level 2 qualification in Hospitality.
- Experience of leading a team
- Knowledge of Company training (Service That Sells, Perfect Serve etc.)
Benefits of working for Grosvenor Casinos are:
- 4 weekly pay
- Share of tips
- Night time allowance
- Monthly Star awards
- Complementary meal for 2 on your birthday
- 50% off team food
- Monthly Team prize draw
- On the spot rewards for job well done
- Yearly Team award ceremony