Novant Health is seeking a Event Medicine Paramedic to function as a patient care provider in conjunction with a Registered Nurse in accordance with approved departmental policies, procedures and protocols and functions under the direction of the Medical Director or other assigned leader. Come join a remarkable team where quality care meets quality service, in every dimension, every time. #JoinTeamAubergine #NovantHealth. Let Novant Health be the destination for your professional growth.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High school diploma required. Must have graduated from an educational program by an approved Advanced Educational Institution as defined in the rules of the applicable state.
- Experience: Minimum of two years recent active experience as an Emergency Medical Technician - Paramedic (EMT-P) required. Must at time of hire and maintain affiliation with an Emergency Medical Services prehospital provider that has EMT-P's as part of their staff. The EMT-P must be in good standing without restrictions required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current driver's license in appropriate state required. AHA - Healthcare Provider, BLS, ACLS, or PALS required. Current licensure in applicable state required.
- Additional skills required: Must have ability to interpret information to identify each patient's requirements for care relative to his/her age, as well as health and developmental needs. Ability to successfully complete generic and department-specific skills validation and competency testing. Must be able to communicate clearly, both verbally and in written documentation. Excellent customer service skills.
- Additional skills preferred: In Virginia market: Non-Violent Crisis Intervention, NIHSS.
- It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".