A Client within the Public Sector is currently recruiting for an Environment Policy Officer to join their team as soon as possible.
This is a full time, temporary position and the ideal candidate will have experience working within the public sector and have experience in the field of environmental policy (including the planning process) and strong analytical skills.
The purpose of the role is be responsible for the management of a portfolio of environment work.
The main responsibilities of the role:
- Support the management of a portfolio of environment work and on certain, agreed, Mayoral projects and programmes.
- Assist in the management of projects that are carried out either internally and externally, either for the Authority or by the Authority on behalf of other organisations, including procuring and managing consultants and contractors.
- Assist in the establishment and maintenance of communications on technical and policy matters with international organisations, Government departments, the London Boroughs, and other organisations in the public, private and voluntary sectors.
- Help build new and maintain existing partnerships to assist in delivery of initiatives to implement the Mayor's policies and programmes including negotiating funding.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships within and outside the Authority and with the Functional Bodies in order to ensure that opportunities for integration and inter-disciplinary working are realised.
- Experience in the field of environmental policy (including the planning process) and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to analyse and interpret environmental issues in relation to urban areas their causes, effects and possible solutions.
- Ability to use a range of office and statistical software including word processing and spreadsheet packages to an advanced level.
The client is looking to move quickly with this role and as such are offering £30 p/hour Umbrella Ltd (approx. £700 p/week NET after deductions). So if this position sounds of interest, email a copy of your up to date CV to or call James at Service Care Construction on
Not interested in this role but know somebody who could be? Refer a friend today and receive up to £250 per referral if they are successfully placed by SC Construction!