Astound Broadband Powered by RCN is currently searching for an Enterprise Account Executive in our New York, NY office. This position is responsible for sales to enterprise level commercial customers, including large business customers of both internet & telephone services. This includes proactively identifying new customer sales opportunities, defining customer needs, preparing proposals, and closing deals.
The primary position responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct proactive sales activities, including cold-calling and knocking on doors, proactive needs assessment, applications development, proposal presentation, order negotiation and post-sales service requirements
- Negotiate to secure contracts with telecommunications decision makers in order to achieve revenue growth and retention.
- Manage installation projects with various teams to ensure on-time delivery, successful turn-up and customer satisfaction
- Respond to requests from customers for information, support, assistance, joint proposals, pricing, etc.
- Respond to demand sales requests
- Supports others within the sales/service team to achieve customer satisfaction
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated success in telecommunications and internet sales to end-user customers, including strategic and large business customers and government accounts using relationship management and system sales concepts
- Ability to sell to C level executives within an organization
- Experience in systems selling, consultative sales techniques, customer needs analysis, sales opportunity development, and service improvement planning.
- Technical skills related to network and transmission design and local access services
- Product knowledge of both switched and dedicated services, as well as associated end-user and carrier applications
- Operational understanding of telecommunications ordering, provisioning, and billing processes
- Working knowledge of general marketing principle tools and processes
- Skills necessary for decision making and maintaining customer retention
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Minimum 5 years' experience selling B2B in technology environment
- Exceptional presentation, negotiation and closing skills
- Seasoned experience building a base of business
- 2-4 year College degree or equivalent experience
In accordance with the NYC COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate, all NYC employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If hired, this requirement must be met prior to your start date, unless a reasonable accommodation for exemption is received and approved prior to your start date. An exemption is provided to the extent required, consistent with federal, state and local law.
Astound Broadband Powered by RCN is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace, support, and thrive on each other's differences to maximize the experience of our teammates and our community. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)