Jackson Hogg is delighted to be representing an innovative forward thinking company who specialise in the design and manufacture of products that they supply to a number of industries. The client is actively looking to add an Electronics Engineer to their growing team.
Key Responsibilities of an Electronics Engineer:
- Developing electronic elements for new products as well as improvements to existing products in line with product specifications, timescales and budgets
- Producing PCB designs in Pulsonix (or similar) software, developing coding and software
- Managing PCB and electronics within products and projects from cradle to grave through a milestone/stage-gate process.
- Liaising with suppliers from UK & around the World
- Researching new technologies and applications
- Testing and verification of prototypes, samples and production parts
- Producing Bill of Materials, Gerber files and other production documentation
- Working with external 3rd parties to ensure designs and products comply to all safety, EMC and regulatory standards
- The role will involve some travel around the UK and other areas of the world visiting suppliers, customers, and exhibitions.
Key Skills of an Electronics Engineer:
- Ideally, minimum 3 years experience within a similar role
- Degree level qualification in Electronics Engineering
- Highly proficient in the use PCB design software such as Pulsonix or similar
- Have an excellent understanding of manufacturing processes relating to PCB s
- Have experience of designing for manufacture
- Experience designing within the framework of relevant safety standards
- Being able to manage multiple projects successfully
- Ability to see an idea through from inception to fully validated/tested and into production
- A creative approach and an innovative mindset with the ability to come up with new ideas and improvements for existing processes, products, or designs
- Able to learn new technologies and apply these to new products
- Experience in controlling motors and in particular variable frequency drives