A Medical Dispensary Associate engages in one-on-one interaction with patients from the time they enter the retail area until they check out and exit the store. The ideal candidate should be friendly and upbeat, and passionate and knowledgeable about the benefits of Cannabis medicine. Medical Dispensary Associates are critical roles for a cannabis company, as they connect each unique customer with just the right product and method of consumption for their needs and are responsible for educating patients on the benefits and potential side effects of medication.
The main responsibilities of a Medical Dispensary Associate include:
- Assist patients in a customer-facing, intimate retail environment
- Utilize product and consumption-method knowledge to successfully recommend a safe and effective regimen suited to each patient's specific needs
- Ensure sales floor is properly stocked and presence of the store is well maintained
- Own responsibility for remaining up-to-date with product knowledge
- Play an active part in patient education on products, methods of consumption, and safety as part of patient interaction
- Coordinate return and exchanges in accordance with company policy
- Print return/exchange forms for all stations and delivery
- Utilize POS system to review inventory, checkout customers, and conduct returns and exchanges
- Provide necessary support to management team to ensure retail store operations run smoothly, properly and in compliance with the applicable rules and regulations, including: daily activities, maintenance, and patient information for any reported issues and/or complaints
- Promote a work environment that is positive, communicative, patient-oriented, and compliant
- Consistent demonstration of excellent customer service skills
- High school diploma, or equivalent
- Desire to continuously learn (more) about cannabis, cannabinoids and the endocannabinoid system
- Ability to listen well and effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with various audiences
- 1+ year of customer service experience; preference for candidates with specialty, customer-facing retail experience
- Previous experience with POS systems
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, personnel law, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures
About Ascend Wellness Holdings
Ascend is a vertically integrated cannabis cultivator, processor and provisioning center operator with assets in Michigan, Illinois, Massachusetts and Ohio. We seek to foster a robust and inclusive cannabis industry through a premium, unmatched customer-focused retail experience. We currently operate a provisioning center in Morenci, Battle Creek and Detroit. We are looking to build a world-class team that will help carry out our mission of helping to shape the future of cannabis as a leading healthcare solution. We are committed to improving the quality of our patient's lives by offering unrivaled quality, consistency and meticulously curated products that satisfy our customers unique, individual needs. Our provisioning centers will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people and our communities, we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and looking to take roles with us as we expand nationally.
When it comes to customer service experience, our dispensaries will set a new standard of excellence, emphasizing health and wellness. As a team that is committed to our values, our people, and our communities; we are looking for people who are inspired by our vision and stay dedicated to our mission as we scale continuously.
Our people are our greatest asset. Our teams are comprised of a group of skilled and passionate professionals and partners from a diverse range of fields. We believe in not only building a diverse team but creating a space where ALL feel welcome and training our leaders to not only be inclusive themselves but to inspire their teams to be the same. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age or disability. We believe in providing competitive compensation, quality benefits and a work environment that fosters creativity, hard work and leverage every one of our employees' unique skills while giving them what it takes to advance those said skills and learn new ones. We sweat the details to ensure our teams are confident and excited to provide best in class service to our customers and communities we serve.
***Please note as a condition of employment with Ascend, all employees must be vaccinated prior to hire.***
Equal opportunity employer
Ascend Wellness Holdings, LLC and its subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer and celebrate the population of differences and does not discriminate in its hiring / hiring practices, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.