We're looking for a Digital Project Manager to join our successful web design and development client.
We are looking for someone who has experience of managing web design and development projects throughout the entire project lifecycle.
While we are not specifically looking for someone with a development background, we are seeking someone with excellent technical knowledge.
The core development platforms are WordPress/WooCommerce and Drupal. Most projects involve a high degree of customisation work, developing custom plugins or modules, and often working with external APIs. The successful candidate will have to work closely with the PHP developers.
They will have experience of managing multiple clients and multiple projects simultaneously, and they will have a strong attention to detail when planning, and tracking, the progress of projects.
We take a pragmatic approach to project management methodology rather than being strict adherents to any particular approach. Our tool of choice is GitHub Issues.
The successful candidate will have the confidence to lead from the front when a project needs it, taking the initiative to tackle project blockages or follow new directions if appropriate.
They will have demonstrable 'soft skills' in communicating clearly, effectively, and sensitively with clients and staff.
The successful applicant will be based at home.
This is a full-time position
- Planning projects, including breaking down into tasks
- Tracking the progress of projects
- Organising, running, and reporting on meetings
- Reporting to clients and staff on project progress
- Being the focal point for project communications for clients
- Managing the resourcing of projects
- Communicating with clients and staff to delegate and co-ordinate task execution
- Managing web design and development projects throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Tracking, and reporting on, project progress
- Communicating with clients about progress and issues
- Chairing workshops and progress meetings, in-person and online
- Negotiating competing demands for limited resources
- Identifying, and resolving, project blockages
- Identifying, and managing, project risks
- Project planning and replanning
- Delegating and communicating tasks to designers, software engineers, and editors
- Ability to communicate with developers at a technical level, for example to assist with issue diagnosis and testing
- Ability to work remotely in a focused and reliable way, even when under pressure
- Keen to learn, and to embrace emerging web technologies
- Familiarity with WordPress and WooCommerce
- Familiarity with Drupal
- Facilitating user testing
- Writing reports for clients, such as website reviews
What we can offer
A baseline salary between £40k and £50k depending on experience.
We'll help you to build your knowledge and skills. Much of that will be from your new colleagues, but we're happy to provide more formal training if that's what's needed.
We'll provide you with a high-end MacBook, and help with anything you need to have a comfortable, productive home working environment.