Contract Type: PermanentLocation: Community Based in local areaSalary: £20,872 - 22,143 depending on skills and experience (London Allowance of £3,600 if applicable).Working Hours: 35 per weekClosing Date: 10 October 2022Interview Date: Interviews ongoing - TBCPlease note the deadline for submitting applications for this vacancy is 5pm on the closing dateAlzheimer's Society is the UK's leading dementia charity. We provide information and support, improve care, fund research, and create lasting change for people affected by dementia.Are you someone who can help people maintain their independence, improving their sense of well-being, putting them in more control of their lives? If this sounds like you, we can offer you a stimulating and challenging career as part of our team.Location: This is a hybrid role with some homeworking and community-based duties role in the London borough of Croydon.There is no direct care element to our role. We provide advice, support and guidance to people affected by dementia, passionately promoting their independence, improving sense of well-being, putting people in more control of their lives.We are searching for a compassionate, dedicated individual who has previous experience providing advice and support to those affected by dementia or similar.If this sounds like you, we can offer you a stimulating and challenging career as part of our passionate team.
- Offering a vital and compassionate advice service to support and guide those affected by dementia.
- Provide community based, face to face services for an increased level of support for more complex cases.
- Managing referrals, assisting clients in assessing their information and support needs in a person-centred manner.
- Providing knowledgeable and trusted information regarding services and benefits available and, where appropriate, assist clients in accessing them.
- Signposting clients to a choice of suitable other sources of help, where appropriate.
- Developing a proactive approach in reaching people with dementia and carers who may not otherwise access our services.
About youWe are hoping to welcome an approachable and knowledgeable Dementia Adviser to work in Croydon. This is an amazing opportunity to have a rewarding career providing support and guidance to people affected by Dementia.We strive to help people to maintain independence, improving their sense of well-being, and putting people in more control of their own lives. We promote a person-centred service so that our support is unique to each individual, based upon their own aspirations and needs.We are looking for:
- Someone who has working experience of assessing people face to face with an ability to assess their needs.
- Deliver advice and guidance with a non-judgmental approach and outstanding communication skills.
- Strong organisational and time management skills to manage your caseload of clients effectively.
- Good IT skills and be able to travel independently across Croydon.
- An understanding of dementia and the needs of those living with dementia and their carers would be an advantage but if you have had experience supporting with other challenges this would be taken into consideration.
Our employees work hard every day to make a true difference in people's lives. We are proud to support them with a range of benefits, recognition and many options for working agilely, all contributing to a strong work life balance. We also have various learning programmes to support you in your development and help you grow to realise your potential and shape a career with Alzheimer's Society.You can also visit our Working for Us pages, which give you more information about what it is like to be an employee at the Society.You may have experience of the following: Dementia Adviser, Care Assistant, Caseworker, Special Needs Assistant, Social Worker, Social Care, Community Care, Helpline Coordinator, Volunteering Officer, Support Worker, Mental Health, Dementia, etc.Ref: