Orbit is a fantastic business and one that's really going places.
Orbit was formed in 1967 with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to afford to buy their own home.
Over 50 years later, we're one of the leading housing providers in the UK. Our services have diversified, our housing portfolio has expanded, and our reputation as an innovator within our sector has grown. But one thing that has never changed. Our belief in people and what they can achieve.
Your role at Orbit.
Our customer service advisors work in a fast-paced environment and interact with many teams across our business. They provide a key service to our customers, dealing with incoming calls relating to income, tenancy and repairs.
We are looking to expand our team by recruiting empathetic, effective communicators to support our customer base. We are looking for full time employees who can work between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and occasional Saturday 8am to 1pm.
We are looking for candidates who are available to start in a group induction on 10th Octoberto be trained initially on repairs and tenancy with the possibility of upskilling to Income, Email and Webchat in the future.
Starting basic will be £19,223 rising incrementally to £21,142 following training and development.
General duties will include the below:
- Raising new repairs on request from the customer for their properties, communal areas and estates.
- Investigating existing repairs ensuring customers and systems are updated
- Liaising with other departments to gain the best outcome for the caller
- Proactively deal with dissatisfactions to attempt to resolve at the first point of contact
Please note that this is an office-based role located within Binley, Coventry.
We can offer a highly competitive basic salary that rises after probation and a market leading benefits package. Ongoing career opportunities within Orbit are good, and we offer training and support to develop your career.
What will help you make a difference.
As our ideal Customer Service Advisor, you will have:
- Ability to work a shift pattern: between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday and occasional Saturday 8am to 1pm.
- Solid literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills - via phone, email and webchat
- Demonstrable track record of delivering excellent Customer Service
- Problem solving skills
- Strong soft skills including listening and empathy
Rewarding your contribution.
We understand that everyone has different needs when it comes to benefits. That's why we have created an attractive benefits package with the option to select and purchase flexible benefits to suit your individual circumstances.
Some of our core benefits include:
- Group bonus potential up to 15% of salary
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays and the "Orbit day"
- Private medical insurance
- Excellent contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance
- A great pick and mix of flexible benefits including the option to buy and sell holiday and much more
Our culture and purpose.
We know that great people are central to achieving our ambitions and as such we want everyone to have a voice and make a positive difference. We are proud to be a Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for, this demonstrates we place people at the heart of everything we do. We continue to create a culture that celebrates diversity and an environment where everyone feels able to contribute towards achieving together.
We support our colleagues to be at their best through our wellbeing programme , our corporate learning programme, opportunities for professional development, our innovative approaches to making the world and our homes a greener place and our leading reward and recognition package. Because of this our people tell us Orbit is a great place to work for.
At Orbit, our people are enthusiastic and passionate about making a real difference to our customers and communities. We are one team where everyone is connected and encouraged to have the freedom to think differently.
Each year we build many new affordable homes and manage a total portfolio of around 45,000 properties. Over 100,000 people live in an Orbit home and our innovative approach empowers every one of them to grow and thrive. We are commercially driven. The more profit we make, the more we invest into the communities that we work for, improving services and playing a key role in driving UK housing growth.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
We have so much more that we'd like to share with you so please submit your CV demonstrating the value you could bring to Orbit.