Job Title - Commercial Insurance Broker
Contract - Permanent
Salary - Circa £35,000 + Benefits
Location - Hertfordshire
Summary and Purpose:
- To service the insurance needs of our existing customers, providing quality customer care, ensuring that documents are obtained and despatched promptly, and all issues raised by the client are effectively dealt with.
- To support management and colleagues, throughout the company, in their endeavours to achieve and surpass targets and always provide a first-class service whilst adhering to all FCA principles and the specific requirements of Treating Customers Fairly, Contract Certainty, Conflict of Interest.
Primary duties/responsibilities of the job in order of priority:
- Answering telephone calls promptly and effectively dealing with all enquiries in a professional and efficient manner.
- Dealing with Client enquiries within 24 hours of receipt or as otherwise agreed with Client.
- Telephoning and e-mailing clients, Insurers, Third Parties and other associated persons or businesses to resolve Insurance issues effectively, professionally and efficiently on behalf of our clients.
- Generating system correspondence to Clients, Insurers, and Third Parties, to complete transactions in accordance with Client, Insurer and Company requirements.
- Notifying Insurers of changes and of new cover issued in the appropriate manner and within the appropriate time scales.
- Obtaining and submitting completed Client documentation to Insurers promptly.
- Processing, checking and dispatching policy documentation to Clients.
- Processing mid-term adjustments allocated. ? Issuing Renewal Review Notices and documentation, process renewals and deal with the issues emanating from the renewal process.
- Updating computer records following changes or amendment to risk details.
- Re-broke risks obtaining alternative quotations at least 7 days prior to renewal date.
- Pursuing and securing outstanding renewal premiums utilising the renewal chaser list, where appropriate.
- Ensuring cover is maintained or extended as appropriate by issuing cover-notes and acting prior to policy expiry or as required.
- Creating new policy computer records for any new risks allocated.
- Processing Premium Credit applications for renewals, new business and mid-term premium adjustments.
- Pursuing and securing outstanding debts from debtors list and personal diary.
- Dealing with any overflow new business quotations, or enquiries, allocated by the Departmental Manager.
- Comply with all laid down Company procedures, FCA compliance requirements and most specifically the company complaints procedure.
Education / Training / Qualification required:
- 2 years commercial insurance experience
- Cert CII or interest in working towards CII qualifications is desirable.
- Previous experience of working in insurance desirable.
- Previous experience working with customers or clients, face to face or over the phone desirable
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities required:
- Able to use own initiative.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Practical working knowledge of current FCA regulations.
- Experience of adhering to and maintaining systems and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to consult and influence at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships externally and internally.
- Personal effectiveness, including time management and priority setting.
- High personal drive and resilience.
- Ability to persuade, motivate, negotiate and influence.
- Continuous application of personal/professional development.