Our client; worldwide leading manufacturer of manufacturing operations based in Barnsley S74 is looking for an experienced CNC Machinist to help support with business operations due to expansion.
You will Operate CNC Machining centres to achieve required quality and at the required output. Provide feedback and Ideas for improving the process and identifying & reporting reasons for any delays, failure to achieve efficiency targets and quality concerns.
The duties of the role include:
- Operate horizontal twin pallet machining centres to machine large fabrications
- Make necessary adjustments to the Machining parameters/ off sets etc. as with any repeat production requirements (not programme changes)
- Make tool changes where required, using tool setting equipment and selection of correct cutting tips and adjustments.
- Carry out process operations in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures, Quality in process inspection and Pre-delivery Inspection
- Complete administration required for updating production control systems for job completion and inventory accuracy
- Report all machining defects through our internal Concern Note process, to enable containment, correction and the review of root causes to implement preventative action
- Carry out daily, weekly and monthly Operator Planned Maintenance Tasks
- Ensure 5S standards are maintained daily and continuously improved in line with monthly audit actions
- Be a committed team player with emphasis on flexibility, productivity and be focused continuous improvement;
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation, this may include training and mentoring colleagues.
- Ability to use gauges and measuring equipment for inspection purposes;
Qualifications & Experience:
- Apprentice trained machinist with 5 years post machining experience;
- Previous experience of CNC Programmes & Parameters
- PC literate with emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Ability to read engineering drawings;
- Awareness of Health and Safety and COSHH regulations.
This is a day's role Monday to Friday.