WEEKEND DEFINED: The weekend begins on Saturday AM shift and ends when the Sunday PM shift is completed on Monday morning.
REQUIREMENTS FOR WEEKEND INCENTIVE PROGRAM:
- Must sign up for the weekend incentive program and agree to work every Saturday and Sunday.
- The Saturday/Sunday weekend incentive position is considered regular part-time. Earns PTO at 1/2 the accrual rate of a full-time employee which averages to approximately 2 weekends off per year.
- Qualifies for full time benefits if signed up for and works at least one 12 hour scheduled day per week. The extra day must be the same day and shift each week and is scheduled each week.
- Qualifies for full time benefits if signed up for 16 hour shifts on weekend incentive program.
- May also earn shift differential if working PM to AM qualifying shift
- Limited Availability: The facility Administrator and DON will determine the total number of slots the facility has available for the weekend incentive program. The number will not be exceeded.
- Fails to work both days of the weekend; Saturday and Sunday, unless scheduled for PTO.
- May be removed from the weekend incentive program by the DON or Administrator if absent days exceed two occurrences in any 12 month period or for excessive tardiness.
The certified nursing assistant (CNA) will provide personalized healthcare to residents under the direction of our nursing staff. This position will ensure the comfort and safety of the residents by assisting them in their daily activities.
In this role, you'll provide personalized health care to residents and supervise other caregivers to ensure the comfort and safety of those we serve. Typical daily tasks include:
- Recognize and respond to the needs of residents
- Assist in lifting, turning, moving, positioning and transporting residents into and out of beds, chairs, bathtubs, wheelchairs, lifts, bathing, feeding, linen changes, incontinence care, etc.
- Observe residents' conditions, measuring and recording food and liquid intake, output, vital signs, activities of daily living, and report changes to the charge/staff nurse as soon as possible
- Enter complete and accurate documentation into the electronic medical record.
- Verify the identification of a resident to ensure appropriate care is provided to the correct resident
- Record resident's intake and report if less than 25% to nurse.
- Assist in admitting, transferring and discharging residents
- Participate and assist with recreational and therapeutic activities for residents
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
WORK EXPERIENCE, CREDENTIALS AND EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Current State-Certified Nursing Assistant, or, may work up to 120 days before successful completion of certification exam AND, may be a new graduate of certified nurse aide program.
- Adhere to and respect all policies regarding resident rights, anonymity, and confidentiality of all resident records past and present
- Follow infectious disease precautions to prevent spread of infections
- Report all complaints and grievances made by residents, families, visitors and agencies to supervisor
- Possesses good interpersonal skills while dealing with emotional or difficult situations; responds promptly to customer's needs
SIGN-ON BONUS TERMS
- Full-Time Only
- Paid out in full after 90 days of employment
- New employees only - current employees and rehires are not eligible
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Our Organization does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, handicap, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or any other characteristic(s) protected by federal, state, and local laws. The Organization will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities should a request for an accommodation be made.
Licenses & Certifications
- Certified Nurse Assistant