Apply for this job now
CDL Class A or B - Local Truck Driver - Home Daily - Sign on Bonus
- Job Type
- 19 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Competitive SIGN-ON BONUS Available and HOME EVERY NIGHT!
Delivery Responsible for loading or assisting in loading and securing materials on trucks daily. Verify quantities of material for accuracy. Driving the shortest distance to the job site, transports load over required route to proper destination, observing all traffic laws and safety regulations. Unload or assists in unloading materials by using forklift crane, conveyor and/or by hand. Secure returning loads as appropriate prior to leaving job site.
Roof Top Ensure handler is properly stacking and guarantee proper distribution in the placement of materials on the roof. Responsible for climbing up a 40-foot ladder to assist in delivering materials on roof with a pitch of up to 8-12.( Not applicable to all locations)
DOT Inspection Inspect truck daily and complete the DOT inspection booklet. Performs miscellaneous service duties such as checking on a daily basis, oil, water, gasoline, and air in tires. Reports any maintenance malfunctions to the Warehouse Manager.
OSHA Responsible for OSHA compliance as it relates to oneself and the company.
Equipment Ensure truck is properly equipped for delivery. Operate motorized equipment according to state laws, safely and properly including trucks, forklifts, and conveyors. Record daily mileage and fuel according to the required reports.
Inventory Assist in taking inventory quarterly or as needed.
Maintenance Maintain warehouse, yard, and trucks in a proper presentable manner. Minor repairs as needed.
Safety Responsible for the safe handling of materials including wearing back brace, gloves, shoes, and other safety devices as appropriate. Responsible for safe operation of vehicles as it relates to the customer's property and Gulfeagle's property.
Customer Service Aiding customers with materials, reporting problems with deliveries, service issues and all other as needed.
Reports directly to Branch Manager and indirectly to the Regional Manager on branch and personnel issues. Reports indirectly to the Safely Coordinator regarding fleet, safety, and staff.
Drivers are required to possess the following qualifications, or their equivalent as determined by Branch Management:
1. Ability to efficiently work on multi-story building at various heights and able to walk on a pitched roof (up to 8-12 pitch)
2. Valid state CDL Class A or B Driver's License
3. Must be 21 years old or older
4. Must have current and valid Medical Certification Card
5. Must have held CDL driving position the previous year with consecutive driving experience
6. Must be registered in Clearinghouse as required by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration
7. Must have high degree of attention and considerable dexterity in the control of the vehicle and able to refrain from distractions while driving.
8. Strong communication skills (verbal and written); work well in a team setting
9. Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors under adverse weather conditions
10. Ability to bend, reach, lift, and climb.
11. Must be a U.S. citizen or be authorized to work in the U.S
12. Ability to interact with the public in a professional manner. Courtesy and diplomacy required in dealing with customer personnel at delivery points.
13. Ability to manage all functions of the job in a safe manner.
14. Must pass pre-employment drug test and background check; employees are subject to random substance abuse screening under company policy.
Gulfeagle Benefit Package:
o 401(K) Retirement Plan including Employer Match
o PTO and Paid Holidays
o Health Insurance - Medical, Dental & Vision
o Life, AD&D, Short & Long-Term Disability
o Health &Wellness Programs
o Flexible Spending Accounts
o Health Savings Accounts
o Employee Discount Programs
o and more!
This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties as requested. Gulfeagle Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on age race, gender color, religion, national origin, disability marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected under federal, state, or local law.
All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subjected to possible modifications to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
Call ext 336 to speak with a recruiter today!
- Job Reference: 716075090-2
- Date Posted: 19 September 2022
- Recruiter: Gulfeagle Supply
- Location: Nevada
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Transport & Logistics
- Job Type: Permanent