Market Leading Rates of Pay - from £11.25 - £15.62 per hour, with overtime at time plus 33%, enhanced sick pay scheme, recommend a friend bonus and a great working environment with development potential
Randolph Hill Nursing Homes Group are looking for an exceptional Care Assistant to join our team at Fidra House Nursing Home in North Berwick, East Lothian.
We Care The Way You Care
- With a reputation for quality care delivery for the elderly since 1985, Randolph Hill is the perfect place to build your career whilst delivering exceptional care
- Randolph Hill care assistants enjoy time and support to really care for our residents
- Starting rates £11.25 - £15.62 per hour (depending on the level)
- Both permanent full or part time posts available OR
- The opportunity to work on our successful staff bank with fully flexible shifts around your availability and in as many of our homes as you'd like to work in. Work shifts when you want them allowing perfect work/life balance. Our bank staff ensure greater continuity of care for our residents
Why join Randolph Hill?
- Excellent rate of pay (£11.25 - £15.62 p/h)
- Overtime paid at time and a third
- Enhanced sick pay covering Week 3 - Week 26 - NO SSP
- Rolling programme of mandatory training
- Structured career development opportunities from Care Assistant up to Team Leader
- Friendly, stable and supportive management and head office team
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance
- Fantastic "Recommend a Friend" scheme - £1000 for Nurses/£500 for Care Assistants
- Positive reputation of our nursing homes with low staff turnover
- Well run nursing homes with strong care inspection grades across our network
- Work flexibly and enhance your experience and skillset working in a variety of our homes (Bank only)
- To promote the highest standards of care within the nursing home
- To uphold the residents rights to privacy, dignity and choice
- To provide a safe and healthy environment for residents, staff and visitors
- To adhere to SSSC Code of Conduct
- To set a good example at all times in respect of dress, manner, hygiene and behaviour
- To report any injuries, disease or dangerous practice to all relevant personnel
- To maintain correctly written records as required by the company and statutory bodies
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 1 years care experience gained within any care of the elderly setting, whether this be nursing home, hospital or community based. We are also keen to hear from student nurses
- From time to time we may consider people without experience if they have good reasons for looking to work within the care sector and depending on skill mix within the home at that time
- For Principal Carer post an SVQ 3 is essential along with team leadership experience in a care environment
- Experience of working with elderly people and knowledge of dementia, delivering clinical support in this area
- Time management, prioritisation of workload for self and greater team
- Ability to problem solve and manage a diverse range of situations effectively within a nursing home setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills, especially report writing
- Being able to deal with a variety of issues and respond appropriately
Randolph Hill have enjoyed an enviable reputation for quality care provision since 1985. We are large enough to provide support to our team with a stable, supportive management structure, detailed policies and procedures and regular comprehensive training, but still small enough to avoid becoming overly bureaucratic making decisions to fit every circumstance. Our homes are well run with positive care inspectorate grades. Randolph Hill are committed to quality and look for like-minded people who wish to progress their career with us. We have 7 Nursing homes located in Gullane, North Berwick, Edinburgh Sighthill, Edinburgh Morningside, Broxburn, Livingston and Dunblane.
What do our Staff Say?
"It is important to me to be treated as a person and not just a number. This is achieved at Randolph Hill when the senior management team make an effort to get to know all the staff employed in all the homes."
"I have always had better job satisfaction when employed by a smaller company in comparison to larger care home providers."
"The rate of pay is competitive for the area"
"I enjoy the experience of caring for my residents and feel satisfied when I am able to make a difference in a resident's quality of life. Randolph Hill provides a very comfortable environment and resources to make that possible. Randolph Hill provide a good and safe working environment, quality care and co-operative management and these were the most important factors in making my decision to join Randolph Hill."
"I am very proud to work for Randolph Hill. I have been employed by the company for over 5 years. The residents receive a high standard of care, delivered in a person centred manner. The staff and management have helped me to develop and progress in my career."
All enquires will be treated in the strictest confidence.