Purchasing Agent / Buyer
Global market leading company first established in 1830. Starting out in surgical instruments, the went on to use their experience to manufacture operating theatre tables, electrosurgery, surgical suction units and autoclaves. Today they are recognised as innovators in the design and manufacture of autoclaves and surgical suction devices which are used across a wide range of sectors including: healthcare, dental health, animal health and workplace solutions.
- Access to Sussex based offices - work from home x 2 per week
- Base Salary to £35-40k
- Comprehensive benefits
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Purchasing Officer will operate within a commercially driven environment with responsibility for procuring high quality components and sub-assemblies, for inclusion in manufactured finished goods, along with accessories, spares, and consumables for delivery to our customer base, coupled with goods and services for use within the business.
- Develop and implement an ongoing procurement strategy which dovetails with both business development plans and current operations.
- Undertake the company's procurement function to ensure that the necessary parts, components, assemblies, consumables, and spares are supplied on-time, at the best possible price, in optimal quantities, from the most appropriate suppliers.
- Manage the company's suppliers from a purchasing perspective, identifying potential new vendors/suppliers as appropriate, ensuring supplier agreements are in place, and cultivating good working relationships with current vendors/suppliers.
- Raise, submit and manage all Purchase Orders for the company; this will include Kanban and Faxban orders for manufacturing, along with consumables and accessories for resale, spares for the Service Team, and procurement of goods and services for internal use.
- Work with internal stakeholders to control stock levels, identify new products, provide consumables, understand quality, price and performance
- Conduct risk analyses of supply contracts/agreements and procurement from critical key suppliers and markets, and propose mitigating strategies where appropriate.
- Identify and realise both cost saving and cost-reduction opportunities.
- Conduct supplier visits and assist with audits as required in the UK or abroad.
Candidate requirements -
- Proven / previous experience working in a purchasing role
- Experience buying / purchasing for a manufacturer
- Healthcare background ideal but not essential
- With strong communication and negotiation skills, you have a proven track record of controlling and reducing external spend, as well as having developed and maintained a robust supplier base.
- You will be able to undertake periodic travel which may be both within the UK and International.
To apply for this - or any of our exciting opportunities in the medical devices sales market - Apply Online
Progress Sales Recruitment is a specialist sales only medical recruitment consultancy dedicated to offering client and applicants alike the highest levels of service. With over 8 years experience in recruitment we specialise in the following areas of work - Nurse Advisers, Clinical Specialists, Theatre Sales Specialists, Sales Executives, Business Development Managers, Team Leaders, Sales Managers, Sales Directors and all other sales focused roles within the medical sector. Our core therapy areas include Vascular, Endoscopy, Urology,Neurology, ENT, Infection Control, Anaesthesia, Blood Products, Diathermy, Infusion, Orthopaedics, Surgical Instruments and all PCT, Primary, Secondary, Theatre and Rehabilitation products.